opticgrowlights.com and a51led.net LED lights

So I've been looking at doing a small tent for one plant. Research has led me towards LEDs. Cheaper in the long run, less heat, and they just appeal to me more. So I looked at Growblu and some other non ebay/china full spectrum lights but eventually found my way to opticgrowlights.com and a51led.net. They seem to be super powerful LEDs and only use 1 (for a51led.net) and only 4 LEDs for opticgrowlights.com.

From the description from opticgrowlights.com I'm basically sold. They seem amazing. I was looking specifically at, http://opticgrowlights.com/360-watt-cxa3070-led-grow-light.html for what is said to be the right sized requirements for a 1m x .6 x 1.5m tent

From what Ive read from Knarfman on this forum, LED lights are better when lensed which opticgrowlights are. and 5w leds are the way to go. If these are 360 watt for the optic grow lights cxa3070. Does that make each of these LEDs 80w? What spectrum would I want, (3000K, 4000K, 5000K), and why?

Could I just get one of these Area51led lights? It doesn't specify the w or go into much technical detail. Presumably it presumes I know what I'm buying, which I don't. Would one of the Area51led.net lights be ok? Again, which spectrum? Certainly would be cheaper $174 US vs $850 US. It seems lighting is the expensive part of the process, and am willing to put down some dollars as it seems its required.

Has anyone got any of these high powered lensed LEDs?

Mate, from what I've read and seen they seem awesome. Just saving up myself to do a diy using those cbx3070 at 3000k. Keeping an eye open for a top bin.

Hi.

I'm no pro by any means, but I've used two "Mars2 400w LED Grow Light 5W Led Full Spectrum Veg Flower Kit" to good effect. I've grown some great cucumbers/tomatoes/capsicums from seed to fruit with no issues. I bought them off ebay from lgledsolutionslimited and had no issues

I also tried the Mars 180w ufo light, but everything i've tried to grow in there has failed (i think it's some kind of burn, but i can't swear categorically that it's the light... yet)

This maybe a bit late but THIS episode of the Dudegrows show is jam packed with info on LEDs, Grow mau is supposedly an expert on them and by all the technical info he spews on the show and by the looks of his youtube chan, he looks like the real deal. Towards the end theres some good info on the area51's and other cheap options.

The mars pro aren't available yet, so presumably when they are available they would be available to ship within Australia from ebay etc. Or buy within a store locally? I was more wanting to know about these LED lights that they sell on optic growth. They have huge output and only 4 LED's. I'll probably end up just buying a Mars II 400w or wait for the pro version of Mars. I would pay the postage, maybe $200 or something. If it was worth it, which I'm not sure they are. I really don't know what I'm doing :)

I know it has been a while but in general LEDS are indeed run lower that their max wattage becasue after they get up to about 60% of max wattage all you do is burn them out faster. The curve on PAR output drops fast.  When it comes to spectrum having a TINY bit of yellow is supposed to help terpine output in late flowering, but honestly, you don't any green - and none of that "full spectrum" stupidity.

Now for the idea that "They have huge output and only 4 LED's". They have more than 4. Each LED fixture has a number of LEDs in it. Normally you get 3 to 5 of them in a tiny cluster, and then larger clusters of those tiny clusters. That's even true for standard light fixtures for your house.

Most LED fixtures are made to be tossed out when they fail. They are not set up for the replacements of components. If you are "handy" with electrical you can buy LEDs and replace your burned out ones, but most people are not. And so - some of the "higher end" ($pendy) fixtures are made so that groups of LEDS can be replaced in a similar way to changing a light globe/bulb (though often a bit more involved). This item looks like that sort of thing, but their main page also says they are FULL SPECTRUM which is a waste of power.