Help! Can anyone diagnose my sick baby

Soo can anybody help me diagnose what's wrong with the girl,

Using normal Bunnings soil, the premium one.

I have been making sure to use water that is specifically ph 6.5

It has been totally fine up until now when the lower leaves are yellowing and getting some pretty nasty spots on them. I have been using only small amounts of nutes, after flushing it with ph balanced plain water to see if it was nutrient lock, this did not help

post-56829-0-40245700-1440074372_thumb.jpg

post-56829-0-88247000-1440074415_thumb.jpg

She's hungry mate, it's nitrogin deficiency. The yellowing of the leaves And pale plant colour means that she is not getting enough from the soil/feed. And those little rust spots on the leafs can be 1 of a few things but looks like calcium deficiency (which means magnesium defiance will be on its way soon) can you get a closer pic of the spots up? I'd up my feeds a bit mate or repot into a fresh batch of soil with some dolomite lime and Epsom salts mixed thru, hit me up if you need a good soil recipe mate.

Best of luck.

Edited by Wonkey D
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a pH induced lockout to me.  Did you test the pH of the soil by any chance or only your water? You should wait for a seasoned soil grower to chime in but but if I remember back to my newbiest of newb days when I was 16 and trying to hide plants in my parents backyard correctly cannabis prefers a more neutral pH than 6.5 in soil.  It could have just been my shitty soil at the time but I had similar looking issues that nutes wouldn't fix and it wasn't until I stopped all the love and just gave them straight tap water to see if I could even keep them alive that they perked right up.  I was using miracle grow, a liquid pH test kit and backyard soil though so like I said you should wait for a seasoned soil grower for some solid advice but if that were my plant I'd give it a good watering almost to the point of a flush to hopefully clear out any hot spots for pH, salts, etc. with some plain water pH'd to around 6.8-7.2 and then hope for the best.  I wouldn't cut any of the damaged leaves off or anything because they'll take the first hit if the damage continues instead of the nicer growth you would have left behind and if you do sort the issues out while they won't get any better they will still help provide the plant with energy and more importantly not induce stress on the plant when it's trying to get better by being removed.  Once the plant spits out a fair bit of decent looking new growth have at them if you want but for now I'd just give the plants that watering and hope for the best.

She's hungry mate, it's nitrogin deficiency. The yellowing of the leaves And pale plant colour means that she is not getting enough from the soil/feed. And those little rust spots on the leafs can be 1 of a few things but looks like calcium deficiency (which means magnesium defiance will be on its way soon) can you get a closer pic of the spots up? I'd up my feeds a bit mate or repot into a fresh batch of soil with some dolomite lime and Epsom salts mixed thru, hit me up if you need a good soil recipe mate.

Best of luck.

I would love some advice on how to work out a soil which would have all I need to start again, I have a few seeds.

I have been struggling with store bought soils and just didn't have the know how to make my own.

Help a man out! Haha

Nutrient deficiencies are killing my life!

• Upvote 1

I would love some advice on how to work out a soil which would have all I need to start again, I have a few seeds.

I have been struggling with store bought soils and just didn't have the know how to make my own.

Help a man out! Haha

Nutrient deficiencies are killing my life!

Wonk is the man.. dude I've seen a few easy ones around generally some form of fertilizer is needed generally a manure if u are going the organic route mix that with coco/peat perlite epsoms for calcium magnesium and we know how much the mj loves that shit and trace elements is a good start.. all of what I have said is easily obtained from bunnings... wonk what have I forgotten? I think the problem with Australian premix dirt is 90% uses slow release and they can cause nute deficiency and not too mention they use about a trees worth of pine to much there cruddy dirt lol
  • Upvote 1

Wonk is the man.. dude I've seen a few easy ones around generally some form of fertilizer is needed generally a manure if u are going the organic route mix that with coco/peat perlite epsoms for calcium magnesium and we know how much the mj loves that shit and trace elements is a good start.. all of what I have said is easily obtained from bunnings... wonk what have I forgotten? I think the problem with Australian premix dirt is 90% uses slow release and they can cause nute deficiency and not too mention they use about a trees worth of pine to much there cruddy dirt lol

Oh and yeh cooking the soil mix helps get the good bacteria working.. and remember if it don't drain don't bother mj hates wet feet!