Growin at 800 meters, not always easy!

Pink can be such a pretty colour...

Yeah I don't think potency has much to do with how long the plant spends in vegetation. I have grown sativas from seedlings to flower in 12/12 (no vegetation period) and they were no less potent to those grown outside with 3 months of vegetative growth before flowering. 

Smaller yield, of course.

Maybe you have a good microclimate, but the general thing I found in my garden was that seedlings started after the last frost, usually out grew seedlings planted earlier than the last frost. I have a picture of a set of seedlings somewhere... cold started vs warm started...dang, I might just have to re run that experiment. I'll be interested in seeing what your results are like  :gardening:

Hey Stoners, not much has been happening here in the hills. I have put off most of planting till Sep/Oct.

On the 18th I put in 8 seeds, none of them came up, we have had a 2 week cold spell, -2.7c to 11.3c over that time. Average temp has been 4.8c for this month, 2.7c lower than last Aug. Been wet as well, 84mm this month.

At 18 days, these 2 went in on the 1st Aug.   post-56796-0-45157300-1440663132_thumb.jpg 

Hi Sativa, I've got a new site at a smidge under 900 metres I'm trying out this year. The water table is a few inches below the surface so I'm trying plant bags set just below the water line and hoping they'll be set and forget. Frosts did cross my mind, my main spot is at 390 metres and no probs with an early Novemeber plant out last year, no mould either although it was a dry summer/autumn last year

Hey Sir Hashy, I sometimes think I should move further north towards the sun, among other things. Me thinketh I hit enter button twice for last post, clumsy. I would probly seem a bit neolithic to most of todays growers, in that I grow using only organic materials, the one exception being plastic, I start seeds in black plastic pots, covered by half a 1.25lt clear drink bottle, then in the ground, happy days.

Hey Sticky, Bless the first day of Spring, warm days are comin, just a bit slowly up here in the hills. With the predicted El Nino comin, late frosts are my main concern, thank fuck for clear plastic. Had a nice mail delivery yesterday from the Attitude, 5 fem Orange Hill special skunk, to go in when them warm days get here. ok, happy smokin.