Mullumbimby madness

The only true stabilised cultivars are generally the landraces that have been cultivated over generations for in some regions of the planet a long fucking time ... for haschish production. A lot of the popularised genetics today are watered down skunk polyhybrids..... We can thank skunkmansam for SK#1 and #2..

Breeders need to work more on hybrids of special landrace cultivars; i think the genepool expressed in the offspring of several fine landraces could be quite inspiring..... Definitely going to be an ongoing project...

World of seeds seem to have some fine landrace specimens for breeding....

Edited by _Puff_Tough_

hey guys, my parents travelled to Mullum in the 70's [during the anti logging demos at Protestors falls] and ended up staying. They first lived in disused banana sheds at Coopers lane, Main Arm, before buying land in Wanganui gorge. i was born in Byron hospital and grew up in Mullum and surrounds during the peak of the alternate movement. Both my parents have smoked since before i was born ( 35 yrs ) and still smoke daily, and ive been heavily involved in my own horticultural pursuits for 20 years too. Indoor and out. Mullumbimby Madness was like a myth when we were kids. Everyone knew someone who knew someone that had smoked it or had the strain, but you could never really get your hands on it. Plenty of times people gave me supposed MM and perhaps a couple of times it was even the  real deal, but i could never be sure. So when i got old enough to discuss the topic openly with my olds, i did so. This is what my dad and his mate told me, and ive since researched it and asked as many true old school locals as possible and it seems to add up to me. Also i am a qualified horticulturalist and ive studied botany, just so you know im not just some nimbin nutjob haha.

The original strain was a predominant sativa brought back over by surfer/hippies from South East Asia but its what they did with it when they got back thats important. These old dudes were off the chain and pretty much the pioneers of the nth coast weed culture. A few of them started messing around with a product called 'Colchicene'. To cut a long story short, its a highly toxic plant extract ( i read somewhere its 5 times as toxic as cyanide ) that when applied to seeds produces something called polyploidy. Basically its old school Genetic mod. Makes bigger cell walls etc. Studies were done that proved this treatment did indeed increase thc levels. The downside is that the survival rate is extremely low. Something like 95-99% of the seeds wont even germinate and then some that do will be fucking mutants. literally. So after getting a relatively normal breeding pair from the batch of colchicene treated seeds and growing them full term and collecting THAT seed, you ended up  with MM.

Im sure this is gonna ruffle some feathers but as far as i can tell its right. All the info is out there if you look hard enough... So i would personally NOT pay for seeds claiming to be MM, because in reality, it was never an actual strain, but a modification that was done to a few diffferent sativa strains in the Mullum area. But in saying that, some of those old strains were fucking amazing. I consider myself a pretty critical judge, and it still rates as some of the nicest all round herb ive ever had, hence its world-wide rep. Especially the mango strains... remember them? MMMMMMmmmmmmmm mango........

Peace.

G `day CC 

Colchicine is a wives tale . 

Its in Gout tablets  5 times as toxic as cyanide . What a load of BS

...  I`ve heard the polyploid story several times . Still not convinced . 

In the last 40 years no one else in the world has used colchicine to create a super strain . Ever wonder why ? 

I heard of MM 35 years ago . And like the Yowie or the Yeti I have still to see it with my own eyes . 

EB . 

G `day CC

Colchicine is a wives tale .

Its in Gout tablets 5 times as toxic as cyanide . What a load of BS

... I`ve heard the polyploid story several times . Still not convinced .

In the last 40 years no one else in the world has used colchicine to create a super strain . Ever wonder why ?

I heard of MM 35 years ago . And like the Yowie or the Yeti I have still to see it with my own eyes .

EB .

Land race basically a type of haze. 3 or more versions back in the day depending on who you scored off. This is early/mid 90's. I assume it was much the same prior to this. Basically any potent outdoor sativa from the NNSW area back in the day. Can't comment on the 70's I was in diapers.

Strains still available. La Nina by Mr nice seed bank uses a mullum madness in the breeding.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app