Temperature/Humidity Levels: 20 degrees, 50% humidity
Air Flow/Fans etc.:
Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): 400w hps
Total Wattage:
Growth Stage: flower, week 4
Plants Age:
Cannabis Strain:

Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some opinions on what's going on with this plant, based on the picture? I've looked at the deficiency charts and have a fair idea what it might be, but wanted a second opinion before I make a decision.

Plant is in week 4 of flower, it got seeded by the male (not too worried, I have enough smoke). The lower leaves are yellowing, as though there's an N deficiency, the top leaves are showing striations as in the picture, which I suspect is a K deficiency going off the chart.

Plant is in soil, feeding it Miracle-gro Max feed and Manutec Liquid potash. Next time I'll visit the hydro store, buy some proper nutes and do things properly, but for now, I have to make do.

Any ideas on what I should do to correct the issue?

Thanks

post-56251-0-84141800-1437050929_thumb.jpg

Same leaf, different lighting

post-56251-0-55588800-1437050945_thumb.jpg

As Matti mentions, please take pictures of the whole plant in either flash, white cfl or natural daylight. Yellow light makes it hard to read what is happening in an image.

I don't think you need to feed or water more... I believe Matti is thinking of coco rather than soil...

Also can we have some more detail on the fertilisers you are using... I can look them up myself, but I don't know just how much you are actually putting into your watering can and using.

Hi Matti/Louise,

Thanks for the replies.

First up, apologies for these pictures. I spent about 20 minutes playing with the lighting and camera to try and improve things. Unfortunately I can't get daylight shots. Her light hours are 9pm to 9am and mornings are out for me.

Nutes are:

Miracle-Gro (NPK:22-6-12)

https://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/miracle-gro/miracle-gro-soluble-plant-food/miracle-gro-maxfeed-tomato,-fruit-and-vegetable-soluble-plant-food/

I use a small scoop (about a teapsoon) to 1.5l of water. I've done this since I began feeding nutes and as you can see from the curled under leaves, I did at one point overdo it, but after flushing her out, things came good again.

After about week 2 in flower, I added liquid potash (PK: 2-14)

http://www.bunnings.com.au/manutec-450ml-liquid-potash-plus_p2961694

I use 2ml per 1.5l of water, added after the miracle-gro. The directions say to use 20ml to 10 litres of water, so I'm perhaps under feeding it slightly according to the directions.

Other than that, the occasional seasol and epsom salts.

Thanks again.

How far away is your light?

(From tops to the globe)

Looks like light burn possibly, deficiencies usually affect older leaves first or all over at the same time so it's only very few things that would have affected new growth like that, I have some in soil about a week behind yours and they look way worse(granted I've been busy and ignored them a bit) you have nice green new growth :P

Other than the old growth at the bottom and the yellowing of the tops which by the look of the head to the right and spotting of yellow rather than evenly spreading in the last pic, appears to be light burn, the only other thing I can think of it being from the information given is a sulfur def, I don't know anything about the nutes you use though so if there aren't trace elements in there you may want to look at adding just a smidgen but I'd advise moving the light a few inches away and waiting a week to see how that goes, if it stops the yellowing up top you know that's all she needed, as for the bottom leaves, I'd agree with your guess on N def, there are several ways to treat it(if you worry about it) but unless it really spreads all over then I'd stick with the regular feeds/waterings you're doing [emoji106]

To me it looks like a combination of things.  First up is you've definitely let the plant get too close to the light and burned it.  You could technically train the plant over the next week or so to bring the larger colas down but the chances of breaking them are pretty high and only get high the longer you leave it so personally unless your height is maxed out I wouldn't recommend doing it.  Next is that she's got the classic over watered leaf clawing so you'll want to give her a little less love and last but certainly not least is the progression of yellowing going up the plant.  This one is tricky but I'd put my money on the pH being slightly too low and the girl needing a feed in general so I'd recommend a decent feed pH'd to around 6.8 and then letting her dry right out before soaking her again.  Raise the light or train those colas down a little as well and although the damage won't recover much at all it should definitely stop getting any worse.

Yeah, I definitely had the light too close at one point. I did notice the top cola bleaching, so moved it higher, but didn't figure the other issues were related, but I think you're right.

Angel, I had put the clawing of the leaves down to over feeding, not over-watering. In fact, I was going to correct you on it until I went back and read my diary for the period the clawing showed up, and think I might have watered a bit too often leading up to that. So I think you're right, it was over watering. Which then leads me to wonder, am I under-feeding her? I backed off the nutes in response, but perhaps that was the wrong thing to do.

I'll up the nutes slightly over the next few feedings, but I'm expecting to begin flushing soonish. I anticipate pulling her around the 18th August, as that's 9 weeks from beginning of flower, which means I would need to begin flushing around the 4th of August. Things will probably stretch out longer, as they always do, but that was my plan....

Thanks for all your help and advice.