• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire

Photo

Let's do grafting!

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic

Every now and then I see something interesting, good luck good idea, if it works well i will def use it.Thanks for shareing Ford.

Tangwena

I just read a post by Matsu about a male plant with female branches answers my next question gonna have to give this a go, I plan a doner plant 2 weeks ahead of 3 or 4 choice donees. Top the donees graft them to the doner mother and grow the topped donees as well. I like it, thanks matsu and ford for the info. Mind blowing fun with canna ha ha.

tangwena

No problems Tangwena, I am glad you are keen to give it a go.  I am keen to try cobbing once my current grow comes out. I tried last grow, but I think the buds were to dry by the time i wrapped them up! 

re. cloning girls to a boy, great idea from Matsu there!! What a legend :thumbsup:

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:

Interesting thread mate   well done

Thanks man, you have helped me through my last couple of grows, so I am glad I can give something back :)

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:

Nice!!

question... Do you think its possible or have you tried to graft a cannabis cut onto a different plant?

I dont mean different strain.. I'm talking a cannabis cutting on to a normal non canna plant?.. Thinking maybe a vine, hops or passion fruit plant..?.

Thanks Gumby,

As far as I know, you would need to keep at least within the same family. So passionfruit is unlikely to work,  but you may have some success with grafting to a hops plant. There are a variety of other plants within the cannabaceae family that you could try this method with.

Naycha

Naycha

Mung Bean Farmer

• 420 Crew
  • 6242 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

Cheers for posting the info and pics. I'm sure it will encourage others to get off the lounge and have a go lol

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:

Cheers for posting the info and pics. I'm sure it will encourage others to get off the lounge and have a go lol

Cool man, no worries, hope to see you off the lounge soon ;)

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5550 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...
  • Fav. Heads:None

Good stuff Fordy, I've been aware that you can graft cannabis in this manner but never could find a reason to do it myself... now that I am trying to maintain 4 mothers... with potential for a 5th... yes, I can see a reason to try it now as I have very limited vegging capacity.

Good stuffs indeed.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:

Good stuff Fordy, I've been aware that you can graft cannabis in this manner but never could find a reason to do it myself... now that I am trying to maintain 4 mothers... with potential for a 5th... yes, I can see a reason to try it now as I have very limited vegging capacity.

Good stuffs indeed.

Cheers Louise,
I am I a similar spot, I want multiple options but have limited space. I have added a couple more hk99 branches recently, and they are just starting to look good. The older grafts all got tipped for the second time yesterday and are bushing up nicely.
*sry about the pics..

Attached Files

Edited by Ford Fairlane, 27 June 2015 - 07:51 AM.

iTiC

iTiC

Valve Oil Lean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2060 Posts:
  • Interests:Medicinal plants; not currently being used by medicine.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: The sun.

Great idea, top thread. Worth pinning??

Posted Image
Posted Image
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||----|||---On Your
---|||----|||---account If
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

AussieToker

AussieToker

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Nice work mate, the plants look lovely! recently saw a video of a guy who grafted an apricot tree with 40 fruits, gives me ideas.

b4weed

b4weed

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 Posts:
Investigator tree is in the Cannabaceae family and grows up to 40 metres tall. If one could successfully graft cannabis high up in the canopy of these trees, it would offer enormous stealth...

https://en.m.wikiped...ltis_paniculata

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.