Do your parents know you use cannabis?

Do your parents know you smoke?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im with gumby what they dont know wont hurt them, I returned from a trip to London in the 70's to find the drug squad waiting for me at the airport, my mother had opened a letter I sent to my brother telling him what a good time i was having tripping and she thought I could do with some remedial arse pokeing in prison bless her.

Luckily I had dropped a trip on the plane and didn't even care as they strip searched me, I was so relaxed they gave up looking just in time.

My folks hadn't even bothered to come to pick me up because they figured I was going to be arrested.

so needless to say I still dont share anything with them, still love them but at arms length as far as drugs goes.

Tangwena

lol, that 'Dodged a bullet feeling' and yeah. I feel sorry for them, but that generation are deeply indoctrinated.

I don't push them too hard anymore, I reduced a dude to tears; poked too hard on his 'six day creation' thing.

Enyhoo glad you're well. :)

Oh Tang that sucks so bad!

My parents never knew simply because they had died before I hit 19. At 16 my Dad found my vegging weed plants... when I got home from school I found them hanging upside down in the pine tree behind the shed. All the soil had been carefully teased from the roots so there was no resurrecting them.

My father never mentioned the incident, so neither did I... he had very fixed ideas about "hemp". Born in the early 1920's, and growing up on a cane farm, it's not surprising. His contact with hemp was around being forced to grow a low paying crop by the government for rope and cloth.

I do recall my older brother trying to explain the difference between fibre strains and drug strains of cannabis... Dad did his best to not hear a word my brother said, and seeing as I was blessed as a child with the capacity for vicarious learning, I took it on board and never bothered to broach the subject my self.

• Upvote 3

Never had to tell them they've always known .Pretty sure they both smoked it when they were younger anyways. I remember when I was a kid going over their friends houses, not being allowed in the pool room while they played pool and smoked their " herbal " cigs. Or being over another one of their friends houses and wondering why their shed had no roof. lol Actually thinking of askin Mom to get some seeds shipped to her house atm.

Mom has a friend who has just started baccy seed , her friend got from russia in post! Also a lot of cerebal palsy, spinabifada, breast/prostate cancer in past/present family members so i don't think she would mind.

Edited by DailyTokin

Yep they know. So do the inlaws. Old man waters them for me when im away. He jokes aboit feeding them roundup but is also happy to bury his nose into them mid flower and take deep enjoyable breath. lol.

Both were corporates from humble beginnings, open minded and self life educated. Im also street smart, successful in life, good job, own home and have a young family and never been in trouble with the law. I dont even drink. They acknowledge im a smart calculated individual that wouldnt put any of the aforementioned in jeopardy.

Next goal is to sit down and have a session with the old boy. Or maybe give him some first to have with mum on their own to get the "feel" for it again then have one with him. Be a good laugh for both of us i think. Mums to highly strung. Would do my head in smoking with her. lol.

Life is too short. Especially for some. Our parents are the reason we are here today and if your lucky enough to have great ones like i do i think its important to be open and and honest with them from the get go about everything. I truly hope im able to instill into my kids to grow up the same way.

• Upvote 2

You old bugga

Nuh 68 was good year & August a great month 

i just remember being all nice & warm then the water bed sprung a leak 

& i was washed out to all this bright light shit ! was quite happy were i was 

You older bugger!  May 69 best vintage lol

Thanks to everyone for sharing.  I'll take it as a positive sign that the clear majority of people have their parents knowledge, if not consent.

It's nice to know there's plenty of open minded parents out there [just not my Mum!].

iTiC - sorry to hear your parents gave you the boot over it, have they got they over it yet?

forgetiwashere - so sorry also to hear of your Mum dobbing you in, did you forgive her?  Do you still have any sort of relationship with her?

Tangwena - also so sorry to hear of your experience albeit a long time ago. You are a better person than I for still loving them, not sure I could find it within myself.

As people have suggested, there's no point in outing myself now just for the sake of it. 

However, I am going to make some oil for Dad in the hope it may do something for his bladder cancer but if I'm going to give it to him I'll have to explain where it's come from and I don't know want to lie to them any more. 

Dad's cool and non-judgmental, my Mum the complete opposite.

Now I am thinking we need another poll Ange.... do your children know you smoke/grow/whatever?

Lou I was thinking that exact same thing this morning!  Bit more complicated though 'cause so much would hinge on the age of the kids...

Do your kids know?