Pollen Extractor kief tumberl

I purchased the Pollen Extractor in February 2015 from here for $142  https://www.pollenextractor.com/Shop/en/pollen-extractor-original/au-pollen-extractor.html

post-51352-0-89344700-1430952170_thumb.jpg

The first problem was the motor woudn't stay on low so I had to duct tape it to keep it at low speed.

I then ran it 3 times for approx 15 minutes each by which time the supporting plastic bracket on one side had broken.

It looked like it would still work ok so I gave it another 15 minutes which fucked it completely.

post-51352-0-74007000-1430951832_thumb.jpg  post-51352-0-87969000-1430951842_thumb.jpg  post-51352-0-49028000-1430951852_thumb.jpg  post-51352-0-76972000-1430951860_thumb.jpg

As I paid via Paypal, I contacted the company and sent photos.  They were very understanding and this was their response.

Thank you for forwarding the photos, for sure that is not looking good at all.

We will have a replacement sent to you, plus there have been some modifications to avoid this and we will add an extra motor kit to the replacement package.

Their response suggests that I am not the first to experience this problem.

I received the replacement package which consists of a new plastic box and motor and and spare plastic brackets.  This suggests that I can expect further problems from the unit.

I have not had a chance to use the new unit yet but it would appear that I'm not going to get much use from this for my $150. 

Any clever stoners with ideas on how I can modify this once it's broken again feel free to chip in!

Hey ange i was just looking at those and i see this post.

That sux u got sfa use form it before it started to brake down.

If u are ok at DIY u could try making the parts from perspex again but use something a lil thicker.

Timber would be stronger but metal or alloy would be best if u are ok at a lil DIY.

There is one or 2 other fixers i can thing of but would intail drilling and cutting holes in the tub...

• Upvote 1

Hey ange i was just looking at those and i see this post.

That sux u got sfa use form it before it started to brake down.

If u are ok at DIY u could try making the parts from perspex again but use something a lil thicker.

Timber would be stronger but metal or alloy would be best if u are ok at a lil DIY.

There is one or 2 other fixers i can thing of but would intail drilling and cutting holes in the tub...

I would seriously think about a visit to a cabinet maker and get a decent box made up out of melamine. That plastic bin and brackets just don't look like they are up to the job. Even the motor looks a bit small. Would need to be a reasonably high torque motor to turn 5 litres of leaf. Good luck.

Hi Crow,

The white plastic that has cracked up is just cheap crap so try an get hold of some small teflon    sheeting an make up some bits  the same as what have broken an you should get a life times uses outta it or go to coles or woolworths an buy a white or colored plastic bread bored  they come in a pack of three diff color's so pick a winner   lol.

The crew that made your pollen extractor or using the white plastic as a barring for each end of the box so if you make it outta teflon sheet an put a very small amount of vaseline or teflon grease on the  bit's of the tumbler that touch the teflon sheeting as lube an  Hey Presto    you have a very top class set up.

Hope this will help you fix your  Pollen Extractor.

Regards,Dingo-2008.