Salvia divinorum "Legal Marijuana"

Oz

Guest Urbanhog
top sallies urban, best i've seen on the net. most i've seen are pretty neglected and look dry and shithouse.

ta boe-pimp, glad ya liked them lol Yeah I argee with ya, I also noticed a lot of pics on the 'net looked fucked, and before I received my first sally cutting, I thought they were bit diffcult to grow, in relate with the pics I observed on the internet, but in my surprise, they are so easy to grow, and they don't need much care at all, just the occassional check for pest, because seems pests love munching on the Sally leaves, but I have controlled all these pest with organic pestcicides.

You might notice that the leaves on the top looks bit "light green, almost yellow", I thought I over-fertizlered them, but I was wrong, it was sunburnt from the QLD's blasting hot sun, as they have gotten taller and the leaves have gotten in contact with the sun's rays, so I have moved them in more shady place, they seem to prefer shady spots with nice'n'humid spots, because I did some study on the Sally's about where they orginially came from, they came from some humid tropical areas of Mexico, and they were commonly found along the creeks, rivers and they also don't mind "wet soils", but for starting cuttings in "wet soils" can cause rot, just keep the soil nice and moist but never let it dry out , and cover the cuttings with Coke bottles, with bottoms cutted off with the lid taken off, but I heard some reports for southern parts of Australia, it's best to just 70-80% cover the lids, to increase the humidity inside the bottles, but for tropical parts like where the sallys are located there's plenty of humidity in the air anyway. :P

While the cuttings were inside coke bottles, they were misited inside 1-2 a day, and when the first signs of the new leave growth showed, I took the bottles off for approx 1-2 hours a day to increase the plant's tolerence to the nature out the high-humidity environment inside the bottles, and increased by extra 1-2 hours every week.

I also noticed that my sallys love being misited with spray bottle full of water 1-2 a day, but no needed if it's rainy on that day.

The sallys were started in small pots, and it took almost 6 weeks to kick off the cuttings with leaves and stem blooming everywhere, and when they reached about foot high, I transferred them into a 30cm wide bigger pots with Organic potting mix, couple handfuls of cow poop, and couple handfuls of perlite, and they have been pretty happy for the last 3-4 months in large pots, so meaning these plants are approx 4 months old ongoing into the 5th month, they are slow starting from cuttings, but once they they get bigger, they surely grow fast!! with many new leaves growth under the large leaves (like where the mj buds grow from the stem)

I had a chat with a fellow sally grower based in europe and we were comparing our growing habits, and he reckons maybe why my sallys are growing a lot better than in europe because "maybe" -

[*] where the sallys are growing, it's in similar conditions as their orginal birthplace in mexico? and all doing outside, while in europe they have short summers and they are more likely to grow under green houses and artificial lights/environments?

[*] I just let them to grow into their full growth, while some growers keep picking the leaves off because they "keep wanting to 'taste' the leaves" so the plants are having to be forced to grow with less leaves to get all the engery from the sun, while I just leave them alone and they seem to grow in faster rate?

[*] The plants that looked fucked on the 'net? because I believe they weren't misited enough, and maybe there weren't enough humidity around the sally's environment?

All above I have reported is only based on my own obseravations/study/experience.

Hope I have helped someone how to grow their sallys bit better. lol

Cheers, Urbanhog

Guest Urbanhog
Forgot to add one more thing, they also like to be located in places where's windbreaks to protect from the winds lol Because if the leaves are wet, the air is hot and humid, it can make the edges of the Sally leaves go black, on windy days, it doesn't harm the plants, ir just makes them look unattractive lol

is that the same with cannabis plants ? wind only makes it look attractive but the plant is uneffected ? because to some extent the wind sometimes breaks down the leaves and kills them completely in harsh winds & they fall off, sometimes they go a little crispy in the more milder winds, pretty tempting to rip off and smoke right there lol lol

pretty keen to start growing some salvia aswell, if anyone could help me out with some cuttings i would be much obliged. :P lol

Edited by boe~pimp

Dont think of it like marijuana. Salvia can be pretty hairy. I forgot how to operate my pc and thought about brushing the monitor off the desk to stop the black nothingness pouring out of the screen (playing Civ 3 with most of the earth unexplored and thus black) filling the room and thus time and space. I found the fact that reality was bending as nothingness flooded the room and my bending with it unpleasant. I wasn't particularly pleased at being a foot and a half tall with wobbly 8 foot long arms and legs. Then I started to forget any concept of "me".....

This stuff is seriously trippy. Dont treat it lightly. I am far from inexperienced with psychedelics.

yeah

this stuff is not to be taken lightly

and its definently not a social party drug

as urbandog sed its a good idea to have a sober person there aswell as its not what most people expect

The first couple of times i used it there was little afects but trust me it does work

I think there are still some suppliers around in australia

I was lucky i got a couple of oz's of it early on in the year

ive only smoked the straight leaf

id like to try extract but i dont think any places will ship here

if you want any more info on it  got to erowid or pm me

and i also understand why some people agree with it being banned

if anyone has a link on the laws for this or any articles on people who  have been caught with it could you post up the links or pm me

ClosetCultivator B)

Hi there closetgrower,

Sounds like powerful stuff. I have had the chance to go to Amsterdam once, and trial some x5 (?) extract. Unfortunately I didn't get a trip, as I heard it was very spiritual etc. But erowid.com notes that some people for some reason don't get the trip the first few times. I guess like some people when they first try weed.

Of course - it could have been all that primo weed, hash, and psychedelic cacti interfering with the trip. Heh Heh B)

PS peyote is not for the uninitiated either. Technically, its not legal to seel in Amsterdam (although the San Pedro cacti is)..... but sweet talk some herbal shop assistants with your knowledge and they come around.

B)

Cheers

Toker69

Guest Urbanhog

QUOTE: toker69 (Posted on Dec 11 2002, 05:55 PM)

Sounds like powerful stuff. I have had the chance to go to Amsterdam once, and trial some x5 (?) extract. Unfortunately I didn't get a trip, as I heard it was very spiritual etc. But erowid.com notes that some people for some reason don't get the trip the first few times.

it is a powerful shit, maybe you used a normal lighter? it often won't work if you used normal lighter, you need a butane torch lighter, Sally's need a higher tempetures to burn the sally's main and active chemical/alkioid called Salvinorin A that causes the effects and halluciations in higher doses.

PS peyote is not for the uninitiated either. Technically, its not legal to seel in Amsterdam (although the San Pedro cacti is)..... but sweet talk some herbal shop assistants with your knowledge and they come around. B)

I love Lophophora's, in fact I am a devotee collector B) I thought it's legal to sell all kinds of cacti even Lophophoras (peyotes), it's only "consuming" them makes them illegal? I am only speaking about Australian laws, but not sure about the Dutch laws, t-boat might be the right to ask. San Pedros have only tiny traces of the mescaline, the chemical that causes halluciations.

Urbanhog B)

B) I know this place in Amsterdam where you can find ANY KIND of hallucianative cactus, salvia, you name it. The place is a store for all kinds of "medicine men", where they get them "Ayahuasca" ingredients and all kind of other very interesting stuff for psychonauts. B)

B) For obvious reasons I'm not going to put the address here on the board,...and don't bother to pm. There's only one way to get there....get introduced personally....sorry.

http://www.clubs.nl/ClubsData/67948/incoming/mov_madeondrugs.gif http://www.clubs.nl/ClubsData/67948/incoming/hypnoz.gif