Poppies

Yes those strains of Papaver somniferum are Opium poppies

may I sugest you try something a little more interesting though , not trying to discourage you from growing poppies. but they are pretty boring to grow , ( not too much to do ;) ), you don't get all that much out of it, and for all that you take the same risk as you would leaving out one of your MJ plants in the same spot. :)

if you read my post again I sugested you tried kratom :peace: if you where after an opiate sedative type feeling .

If you are after a good trip I would normaly suggest something like salvia, but be wared that salvia plants are illegal in Australia and therefore you can't request it here, a good legal alternative would be to Grow your own source of DMT, Madiens Wattle's (Acacia Maidenii) are probably one of the more popular and know sources readly available in AUS, but as someone stated in another thread these plants have been raped very badly in the wild so please grow your own instead of ripping the bark off a wild tree, if people don't start doing this more often we will loose the plant down the track, if nto to the law then to extinction

I don't want to shoot off lots of names of plants that will trip you out as thats not the real purpose here but if you want to PM me I'm happy to give you a couple more idea's

also if your looking for a book on the subject have a look at the Psycadelic Encyclopedia or a book called Plants of the Gods , both are good lol