CFL OR Fluoresecent?

I am using 2x4 tube t5 fluros, so I have 8x24w tubes in my 80x80x160 tent, am 3 weeks into flower and these lights are doing an incredible job, my mate who uses 600hid say's he can see no difference in veg  but wait an see how the bud turns out.i use these light due to the low profile and less power and heat, my long time grower mate now say's he will be getting t5s for veg as they may actually be better for all the reasons I got them, you can get the 2feet x 4 tube lites off eby for 60-70 $ if ya quick on the trigger.

Edited by old toke

Just thought I'd post back to this with what I did... 

Firstly I got another one of these... http://www.philips.c.../specifications Which is putting out 1450 lums 5600k....

So I had two of them going in my seedling box... was it enough - hell freakin no - not for more then say... 10 seedlings - 10+ would need another two for sure. 

So yes - they worked - would have been better with the CFL ozzy posted and will be getting them for future use. 

Other wise the two CFL's worked fine for starting off the seedlings on a 20 hours of light per day cycle. 

The guys are right with telling you that Flat white paint is the best an the coolest to line your grow room with.

You will find that your grow room will run a lot cooler if it is painted on the inside with flat white paint,All other surfaces reflect the heat from the lights a lot more than flat white paint.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

• Upvote 1

The guys are right with telling you that Flat white paint is the best an the coolest to line your grow room with.

You will find that your grow room will run a lot cooler if it is painted on the inside with flat white paint,All other surfaces reflect the heat from the lights a lot more than flat white paint.

Regards,Dingo-2008.

Yep for sure - so for seedlings I went with this idea ;) worked very very well https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/74416-polyfoam-box-bad-idea/

Other wise the tent I got is doing awesome ;) 

I use one of these,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-125W-250W-Daylight-Photo-Energy-Saving-Bulb-Lamp-Lighting-Light-E27-5500K-CFL-/261573935622?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3ce7058206

I got it for taking pics but turns out it good for starting seeds and veging till ready for the HID.

And they screw into a standard E27 light socket...

Do you bother with any kind of reflector for these? 

I'm looking at setting up a second tent for my seedlings, basically I'm gonna be setting it up as a seedling/drying tent,  the plan is time it so that seedlings get going under a CFL and when my main grow under HPS is done I switch them.

Do you bother with any kind of reflector for these? 

I'm looking at setting up a second tent for my seedlings, basically I'm gonna be setting it up as a seedling/drying tent,  the plan is time it so that seedlings get going under a CFL and when my main grow under HPS is done I switch them.

Nope - take a look at my strawberrie tent!! https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-46252-0-24730500-1434642872.jpg

• Upvote 1