CFL OR Fluoresecent?

they will do for vegging easy i've made up my own light rig with small globes. 24w phillips spiral, 96w total.

post-40304-0-11019200-1418116981_thumb.j post-40304-0-25338200-1418117084_thumb.j

working like a boss on my current grow :D

Hey Jester!!

Yeah I might mix another cool light in but the Lum count is right.

Ya box there.... I'd either spray the inside with metallic silver or line it with ALU tape?

Help make it more reflective :-)

Edited by Razz0r

No, and no.

You're asking for advice and simultaneously telling people how to do things. Step back, take a deep breath, and plant something.

No.. Not telling... Suggestion only.. I know different now and learnt something. All learning. ;)

It wasn't even my idea as such but thought it sounded good.

flat white is actually better at reflecting light than aluminium the only thing better is panda film or a proper tent the silverish material in most tents is something different, don't use mirrors either.

Awesome. Ta for the tip. Funny really. In general most people think of things like silver to be more reflective. lol

Edited by Razz0r

i think what happens with certain silvers / foils is the light bounces off and becomes 'scattered' if you will loosing some of it's power, where as when it bounces of flat white the light beam stay's intact and retain more oomph.

Sort of, but not really

Here's a bit of physics for ya.

Full spectrum light is considered to be white light. It contains visual light (or light you can see) of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and violet. It also contains on one end infrared and on the opposite end ultra violet. These two are the unseen (by the human eye) part of the spectrum. When you see an object that is blue all light is absorbed except the blue spectrum which is then reflected. It is this reflected light that gives an object its colour. This is why white is the best colour for your grow space as it reflects the full spectrum.

The problem with silver or mirrored surfaces is that any dark surfaces, for example black pots, will also be reflected by the mirrors. Black absorbs the whole light spectrum with nothing being reflected, so reflecting black in your grow space absorbs the light you want to keep. This is why mirrors are not a good idea.

Now this is a real basic theory of light and reflection, but in basic terms that's how it works.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 2