What's the quickest way to identify a female from mixed seed?

I lost a whole 3 year breeding project of seeds quite some time ago now .... They were stashed in a roof and it was out of my control at the time....... it was a very painful experience, 1500 seeds+++, about 5 generations of the ibl of a hybrid i had been working on .... The original seedstock was about 200 for a 10 pack of one hte cultivars and 80 for a seedpack of 10, 3 years in the making .... Heat definately will affect germination rates of seeds..... lesson learned though. Looking forward to when the laws change and i can hopefully bring those f4's back to life.... Fuck i miss it.... painful indeed.
  • Upvote 1

Not true cardrona, if seeds are stored above temps of 30degrees for a length of time then the seeds can get cooked, the germination hormones are cooked off the seeds shell...... Even using growth hormones to encourage seed germination is pointless.

I said a dry area out of the light .. wet etc direct sunlight ..hence previously i said under the ground which is a constant av temp way below 30.

I agree if its over 30.

The seeds were in a tomb...hence under the ground

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I had a similar experience to puff but mine we're in one of those big Milo tins all but full of seed, sat it on top of the fridge for a couple of weeks without the lid on and a rat or mice cracked every single seed open and ate the guts out the middle and just left empty friggen shells, I cryed,and I now have a hatred of all vermin,kill,kill,kill that's my philosophy about rats and mice,prick's of things,but like puff I learnt a lesson from it,the hard way lol

I am hoping to have my own seed co one day and that cultivar i was especially fond of..... I selectively bred it over generations to suit my medical condition. I have other cultivars secured in storage when the time is right.... I suggest i can bring the cultivar back to life .... truth is i cant, i like to still think i can though lol.... I might get close ... Its a bitter pill to swallow ... It was passed around at mardigrass a few solid years ago .... but i doubt it will ever be returned ... not in its true form anyway.... ahh well, lesson learnt .... shit happens Edited by _Puff_Tough_

Thats why I went to underground in double bags  and  jars ...same thing 2 years ago...had the flower in the shed in a box drying and mice came should have bagged it the week before.

I had a similar experience to puff but mine we're in one of those big Milo tins all but full of seed, sat it on top of the fridge for a couple of weeks without the lid on and a rat or mice cracked every single seed open and ate the guts out the middle and just left empty friggen shells, I cryed,and I now have a hatred of all vermin,kill,kill,kill that's my philosophy about rats and mice,prick's of things,but like puff I learnt a lesson from it,the hard way lol

Oh yeah I been meaning to mention to you puff about what you said about there being no real hippies left in nimbin walkin round with all there gear hanging out for all to see well i seen 8sets of tits while I was there and yes i was counting loland not just a quick flash either,they we're just roaming the street semi naked,but I have to say even though I did see them ,I wish I hadn't lmao trust me you we're not missing out on anything,I'm scared for life after that lol

Thats why I went to underground in double bags  and  jars ...same thing 2 years ago...had the flower in the shed in a box drying and mice came should have bagged it the week before.

Do you use silica at all .. I have a few new batches with silica in the Vac bags ( not in seed containers) .But have not used them so cant comment on it's effectiveness .