King of cannabis Nevil Schoenmakers stages a quiet comeback

Ok.

An arse cos he lend his name to a few canna companies that have money to burn anyway?

Didn't he give them the flick?

I think we are all against corporate canna here anyway.

Maybe he just wanted a quick $$$?

Help me understand, is he an arse for the early part of his life of the later part?

Apparently he was a loose unit. Shady past business stuff?

Honestly love to hear more.

I found myself in an unfortunate situation of having to deal with his minions (due to a work role) between 2006-2012. During that period he was an arse that tried repeatedly to damage the brand of my employer... all he achieved was headaches for me and my immediate supervisor and the loss of respect of the European cannabis scene. Well on 'our' side of the issue that is, you'd have to ask Howard Marks or Scott Blakey about what happened to them before they ended their association with the arse.

He is a narcissist with delusions of power and influence fueled by idiots on the internets who like to have an idol and an enemy to flavour their cannabis seed purchases.

There is plenty more about his 'past' that shits me to tears, but I will restrict myself to the time period I was marginally involved. 

Oh and the real classy act of running out on the bail money his family put up when he was arrested in WA... yeah that is classy. There is plenty of info online... although a lot of it seems to have been scripted by the arse himself as no one else is interested.

• Upvote 3

Nevil ?, never heard of him

heard of nevilles haze , that be him 

https://shop.greenhouseseeds.nl/nevilles-haze-feminised.html

from wiki 

Nevil Martin Schoenmakers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevil_Schoenmakers

Born in 1957 in Perth, Western Australia to Dutch parents, Schoenmakers moved to the Netherlands in 1976. There he started growing cannabis for personal use. He soon discovered that the commercially available Thai, Colombian and African strains did not perform well in the Netherlands's northern European climate, nor indoors under artificial lighting. Realizing that the solution to the problem was better genetics, he decided that the best way to obtain good genetics was to start a seed bank, and in 1984 Schoenmakers established "The Seedbank." From then on, Schoenmakers collected many potent cannabis strains and crossed them to create his own strains. In the process he was able to cross equatorial sativas with Afghani indicas to create strains that were more suited to the temperate climates and indoor growing mediums of his European and U.S. customers. By 1986, Schoenmakers's cannabis seed company had become a runaway success with sales to more than 15,000 different growers in the United States alone.[1]

In 1990 Schoenmakers became a target of the DEA Operation Green Merchant and an indictment had been lodged in New Orleans, charging him with the sale of marijuana seeds to undercover agents and indoor growers in the New Orleans area. On July 24, 1990, he was arrested by the Australian authorities at the request of the U.S. government while visiting family in Perth.[2] Schoenmakers was incarcerated in Fremantle jail for almost a year without bail while awaiting his extradition hearing. On June 21, 1991, just weeks before the date of his Federal Court hearing, he was finally granted bail[why?] and subsequently disappeared from Australia.[3] For some time after Schoenmakers's return to the Netherlands, he was on the FBI's most wanted list, but because his activities were legal under Dutch law his extradition was refused and the charges were ultimately dropped. In 1991 Schoenmakers sold The Seed Bank to Sensi Seeds where he worked for a short time as their head breeder, before founding the Greenhouse Seed company with Arjan Roskam. By 1998, and widely regarded as the most successful modern cannabis breeder with multiple High Times Cannabis Cup wins, Schoenmakers sold his share of Greenhouse Seeds and left the limelight to focus on other interests.

In recent years, Schoenmakers has become involved in the movement to legalise medicinal cannabis in Australia. He recently coauthored a submission to a NSW government inquiry into the matter.[4]

Schoenmakers was described by  magazine in 1985 as the "King of Cannabis." he was the first cannabis breeder to export cannabis seeds from the Netherlands to the rest of the world, and is credited with

creating many of the most popular award winning strains, such as Nevil's Haze, Northern Lights Haze, Super Silver Haze, Nevil's Skunk, Super Skunk, Silver Pearl, Silver Haze and many others. His breeding with

Northern Lights, a mostly Indica strain originally developed in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, became an inspiration for indoor Indicas, and the Northern Lights genetics are found in the pedigrees of nearly all

of the best modern Indica lines. He is best remembered for the F1 hybrid Northern Lights 5 X Haze. This hybrid and its daughters have dominated the Cannabis Cup from the 1980s to the present day. The original

Northern Lights 5 X Haze plant of Nevil's has been living on through clones[] and still wins championship awards. It is this cross that led to many of the modern medicinal strains that are popular today.