hahah yeah boyy!  I hope shes making lil babies and i'm not infested with weeds.  If they are MJ shoots i'll be kicking myself that I pulled out two fine looking shoots with decent roots.

Thanks Crowsange, me too.  One of the main reasons I'm growing is to give some to my older relatives, who have a lifetime of propaganda in their heads about how "dangerous" this drug can be, I'm hoping it will help some of their pain, sleep and decreased appetite.  Plus I want to get my old man ultra cooked. :pimp:   I can't really do it anymore because of my profession as much as I enjoy it recreationally. 

Toss up another update in a few days after some new growth.  One love

I'm preparing to make some worm casting tea at the moment, 24 hr soak with about 80-100g of dolomite lime and molasses.  I've had a browse on the forum searching but cannot find the answer.  Will this substitute fine for a Potash or PK 13/14 mix?  Or would you guys recommend I use those as flowering nutes instead.  The worm castings from the bin look great, very rich fluffy moist like texture and smells like soil.  There are a shit load of tiny little crawley things in the rich pockets and worms throughout, how the fuck do you seperate the worms from the castings??  I don't want to drown a whole bunch of worms.

Have a good weekend fine folks :D

-Tea

What worm farm do you have? I have a multiple layered one where the worms move up as food runs out. I use the bottoms layers for the worm tea which has no worms in it. Top layer is working layer. Really easy and no sifting worms out of the compost. You might want to look into layers if not already. Remember never use the leachate (runoff from tap) always make your tea as you have said above.

I use worm tea and my nute together. But dial down the tea by half. Plants haven't complained yet.

Good growing to you.

Thanks for the advice mate.  Hopefully it's not too strong, I only used half strength nutes with it as well though gave the feed as a  6L as today has been 30+ C. The soil is quite dense below the first 2 inches....but it eventually drained out for a decent run off.  The leachate is going down the drain now, just lucky with the roll of the dice it didn't kill my plants.

Just a simple worm bin, the leachate leaks through to the bottom for drainage.  The worms are all through the casting medium. I just scraped it all to one side, put new food in the other side waited a couple hours then picked up the castings.  Probably sacrificed a good amount of words but who cares.

post-55749-0-95311200-1423991042_thumb.png

Same to you bro! New pics up soon, not much change in growth T_T

Pic update. The flowers are starting to get more clumped together and showing more white hairs. :)

post-55749-0-80394100-1424140106_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-11868900-1424140789_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-02495800-1424142568_thumb.jpg

My only concern is she doesn't seem to be very thirsty or hungry as I only feed / water the plant every 4 days or so.  The leaves were curled up slightly the other day when we had 32 C+ but if I'm afraid to water it to cool her down for fear of overwatering.  I'm using Seasol Foliar spray, my own worm casting tea mixed with 1/2 strength Powerfeed dynamic and Go Go juice.

I've got a question if any of you could help: there are these tiny little midgey insects with wings that just sleep on her under leaves.  Are they a big problem?  I gently pull them off and kill them but there is starting to get more and more.  Other pests I see are very small green circular bugs that sleep in between the flower hairs.  Should I nuke the plant with some bug spray?

Lastly, if I have the option of letting the plant get an extra 2-3 hr of direct sunlight instead of shade will this allow more growth in this flowering stage or not bother.  I just have to move the plant 5m every day from West to East.

Thanks for stopping by, have a good one!

• Upvote 1

Sorted out the midgey's and green little eggs underneath some of the leaves with Organic Eco Pest Oil. Worked a treat.  

Now on a feed of 1 cap of Powerfeed, 20g of Potash, and 20ml GoGo juice in 8L of water.  This brought the pH of the mix down to like 5.5.  The early runoff was at 7.0 - this makes me think I have a alkaline pH problem.  The pH of my water appears to be about 7.2.  I added some dolomite lime a few weeks ago which is supposed to balance the pH of the soil.  Today the pH of the soil is at 6.8 tested at various zones.  Should I just keep doing what I am doing and eventually it will come down to like 6.5, or should I attempt to water with real acidic pH?

Cheers   :pimp:

- Tea  

Hey all,

Time for an update.  I have a slight concern and for those with any advice, as always I would be appreciative. As mentioned above I thought I had an alkaline pH problem.  After watering today with 7 ltrs of 6.5 pH water, I tested the runoff at 7.0. Root pH detected from a bunnings soil sampler shows at 6.8.

Now I see a few leaves are curling up on themselves and the leaves are a fair bit darker than they usually were.  I did some reading and came to the conclusion the lady may have a Zinc deficiency. Believed to be brought on by over feeding the Potash which with a higher pH than ideal inhibits zinc uptake.  What do you guys suggest I do?  I was thinking of flushing with like 12L of 6.0 pH water and then nothing.  Pretty sure there are a fuck tonne of nutrients in the soil.  Any thoughts, feel free to shoot em my way, could be wrong about the problem cause as well.  

Cheers, enjoy!

post-55749-0-58016300-1424861381_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-87008600-1424861980_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-38055400-1424862533_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-21957400-1424863257_thumb.jpg

Best example of leaf curl on the last pick, there are about 3 cases like this.

post-55749-0-35991500-1424863848_thumb.jpg

post-55749-0-74227300-1424864382_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone's plants are getting nek level massive! Bring on the harvest :good:

Doesn't look too bad to me. I've been growing outdoors on & off for ten years. Not once have I tested the PH of my water or my soil. This is the first year I have used potash & have kept to 2 capfuls (I think 20ml) once a week. Up until this year I only ever used Seasol & Powerfeed. I think you're probably over-complicating it all for yourself. Knee jerk reactions can bite you in the ass. I would just water her with straight water for a week & observe closely what she's doing. Fuck, until I joined this forum I never realised how complicated growing a weed could be. Im far from an expert on strains / deficiencies etc. But I would just try & keep it simple. Are you feeding with nutes daily or still every 4 days or so as you said before? The size of that plant is a prime candidate for overfeeding.

• Upvote 1