lou u can get mouse traps from chinese shops there sticky board traps i think they are illegal as of a few years ago after a google search people were saying the traps are inhumaine but these traps work very well

the asian shops around here still sell them, the mouse run around the room in the dark and once u catch one the rest will want to feast on the stuck mice so it draws more into the trap than they all get stuck

u can wipe them out pretty quickly with these traps

post-52810-0-13267700-1423387393_thumb.jpg

Bush walkers often get bitten in the summer... silly buggas. Best time for bush walking is when there is frost on the ground.

No new mouse damage today, but I did water the plants last night... it seems to happen when the coco needs watering.

Thats what they could be going after Lou, the moisture. I have found a few in the house lately when we do not get any rain for a few days. They come in looking for water that may be sitting in the sink. I got some baits that are in a bag. Just put them down unopened and the mice do the rest. Opened bag means they are dead pretty much instantly. But they go away from the house first.

Yeah... nah. It's got to be quick kill or no kill for me.

Only way IMO.

I like those catch and release traps.

As a kid we would occasionally get a mouse in the house. The place we lived in back on to an old potato farm.

My mother refused to deal with dead critters so my father bought a live catch trap. Whenever a mouse found it's way inside, my mother was only to happy to bait and place the trap. lol

I think the mice we got were some sort of native mouse coz they tended to hope, not run. But anyway.

Good luck with your min plague Lou. I was wondering if you ever had mouse issues with all the birds you have.

Thats what they could be going after Lou, the moisture. I have found a few in the house lately when we do not get any rain for a few days. They come in looking for water that may be sitting in the sink. I got some baits that are in a bag. Just put them down unopened and the mice do the rest. Opened bag means they are dead pretty much instantly. But they go away from the house first.

I think you misunderstand me Brick, the mouse damage occurs when the coco is dry and in need of water, not after it has been watered.

Only way IMO.

I like those catch and release traps.

As a kid we would occasionally get a mouse in the house. The place we lived in back on to an old potato farm.

My mother refused to deal with dead critters so my father bought a live catch trap. Whenever a mouse found it's way inside, my mother was only to happy to bait and place the trap. lol

I think the mice we got were some sort of native mouse coz they tended to hope, not run. But anyway.

Good luck with your min plague Lou. I was wondering if you ever had mouse issues with all the birds you have.

I think it is more the weather this year that has increased the mouse numbers (coolish summer weather with lots of rain). I usually don't have to do more than set a couple of traps and throw some bait into the ceiling.

• Upvote 1