This is something I haven't seen before, I am looking after a few plants for someone and the bloody mice seem to be burrowing in through the drainage holes and making tunnels through the coco.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before...

The coco is sans perlite and as yet, most of the plants haven't quite got their roots right down to the bottom of the pots yet. I cleaned up and refilled a couple of pots and set some traps. Today the trap has been covered in a pile of coco as the culprit chose the pot right next to the trap.

post-20731-0-40506600-1423295936_thumb.jpg post-20731-0-60810700-1423295939_thumb.jpg

I expect it's local mice, I have cleared a few nests in the last month from the sheds and aviaries. It's important to keep the mouse numbers down, otherwise I end up with snakes in the garden and I hate them more than mice.

me too 

Bush walker bit today on tonights news when he stepped on one while out being healthy ! :doh:

Edited by itchybromusic