Importing Indoor Equipment

has anyone here imported anything indoor growing related from the UK? looking at one of these particularly http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150mm-6-370-m3-hr-Acoustic-Low-Noise-Silent-Inline-Box-Extractor-Fan-Hydroponic-/331406587163?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Bottle_Warmers_Coolers_LE&hash=item4d295f351b

25db sound levels and half the price of a local silent fan bought over here im keen to order and im coming up to a harvest so looking to redesign my veg and flower tent, possibly run one fan and vent both tents with filters

at the moment running one filter in the flower tent

Hey 68.

Chunky looking product matey and a nice price!

I Can't see it being a problem coming into Aus, an extractor fan could be for a bathroom or a workshop etc, not necessarily just for a grow room.

I doubt it would flag up at customs unlike grow lighting, nutes or 'labelled' hydro equipment.

Ask the seller if they can send it in plain packaging and no mentioned hydro or grow or the like and I doubt you have any dramas.

$246 for item and $26 postage fair enough but did you read the legal document that comes with the international imports, (just under the paypal bit), I looked for the words "and your first born son" but couldn't find it. But basically it says that on top of the postage IF there is any other costs involved like import duty, extra postage within either country, broker fees or anything else they feel like adding, by buying it you give your permission for them to pay any amount they feel like (without contacting you) and your liable for it.

If it were me id buy a local 6" fan and an aluminium tool box from Bunning's and some sound proofing foam from a hi-fi shop and build my own.... but that's just me.

edit:  at a minimum it says that 2 others have bin sold. I would contact them though ebay mail and ask what the final cost was and if it was worth it.

Edited by Knarfman
  • Upvote 1

Hey 68.

Chunky looking product matey and a nice price!

I Can't see it being a problem coming into Aus, an extractor fan could be for a bathroom or a workshop etc, not necessarily just for a grow room.

I doubt it would flag up at customs unlike grow lighting, nutes or 'labelled' hydro equipment.

Ask the seller if they can send it in plain packaging and no mentioned hydro or grow or the like and I doubt you have any dramas.

yeah it is chunky cap but if u look at the measurements in the pic it says something like 500x300x300mm it will take up a little more room than my current fan but should be a lot quieter at those decibel levels they say it runs at

thanks for the ideas :)

$246 for item and $26 postage fair enough but did you read the legal document that comes with the international imports, (just under the paypal bit), I looked for the words "and your first born son" but couldn't find it. But basically it says that on top of the postage IF there is any other costs involved like import duty, extra postage within either country, broker fees or anything else they feel like adding, by buying it you give your permission for them to pay any amount they feel like (without contacting you) and your liable for it.

If it were me id buy a local 6" fan and an aluminium tool box from Bunning's and some sound proofing foam from a hi-fi shop and build my own.... but that's just me.

edit:  at a minimum it says that 2 others have bin sold. I would contact them though ebay mail and ask what the final cost was and if it was worth it.

i iddnt read that but usually postage from the UK is cheap to oz, some are charging $50 for similar size fans, ill have to ask if there are any hidden fees

seriously didnt sound like a bargain to me

I got an 8" centrifical  here delivered in a coupla days for under $250 

spider im running a 100mm with a blanket over the fan and i still consider it to loud mate i need a very stealth fan

im also not running a filter on my veg tent because i would need another cent fan and thats more noise but they are starting to stink up, the flower tent isnt a problem. so if i could link the two tents to one fan i'd be killing two birds with one stone but the current 100mm centrifugal fan is only good to vent the flowering tent

i asked on a UK forum about the box fan vs a normal centrifugal fan no replies, i found a video on youtube of a new silenced 200mm mixed flow fan rated at something like 25db and the guy in the video showed it reading 65db!!!!

what fan are u guys running? silencers?

i had an offer to upgrade my 1x1m tent to something larger to run 2 lights but that requires a bigger fan so im kind of stuck