Co2 from yeast and sugar: how much you get and equations.

if u have the spare $120 cash buy one of those Co2 meters on ebay and a 20L bucket mate and give it a crack ill be interested to see the results if any

if u dont get what your looking for there are other options like Co2 cloths u hang and mist daily seen those on ebay or even the Co2 tablets with the drip thats been around for many years

but how will u control heat? usually people running Co2 have air conditioners? unless u run the bucket behind a fan

No we I have not missed what you are saying, we are I am laughing at it

you're the one with all the answers, why don't you answer your own question

Your right, i dont need trolls and deadshts with no idea, i need someone with experience.

The meter idea is helpful, useful, and contributing to the conversation, thankyou.

My uneducated, trollish experience, as a home brewer would be that the cost of fermenting enough co2 would be far more than purchasing a co2 machine. Not too mention the space required in a tent which is generally limited anyway, why fill kt with vats to ferment ? Sorry, but it sounds one of the dumber ideas i have heard in some time....

Hey Someone,

Many, many years ago I set up a 'real backyard' CO2 setup. Not by fermentation but by adding bicarb to an acid (in this case vinegar) and it most definitely made CO2 on an hourly basis, but I did not see a benefit or improvement over having good air exchange. Now as I say that was years ago, things have changed in the way I grow and the equipment I use, so would there be a benefit now? I don't know. Thinking about it, of the improvements I have made some have been to increase airflow, so I doubt adding CO2 would benefit me and my setup as the air exchange would replenish the CO2 levels.

I think Katton's comment is also very valid, I know with nutes adding more doesn't mean getting more or better plants, in fact quite the opposite. You can't exceed the plants own limitations

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hey Someone,

Many, many years ago I set up a 'real backyard' CO2 setup. Not by fermentation but by adding bicarb to an acid (in this case vinegar) and it most definitely made CO2 on an hourly basis, but I did not see a benefit or improvement over having good air exchange. Now as I say that was years ago, things have changed in the way I grow and the equipment I use, so would there be a benefit now? I don't know. Thinking about it, of the improvements I have made some have been to increase airflow, so I doubt adding CO2 would benefit me and my setup as the air exchange would replenish the CO2 levels.

I think Katton's comment is also very valid, I know with nutes adding more doesn't mean getting more or better plants, in fact quite the opposite. You can't exceed the plants own limitations

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Yes makes sense, thanks guys.