What do I do?

Stoneyman

Question

Hello and best wishes to all.

Might be my 1st post, can't remember.

I've had a number of spinal surgeries that has left me with constant pain. The experts call it "failed back surgery syndrome." I'm on the usual junk (MS-Contin, Endone, pain patches, Valium etc.).

Having operation number 8 soon.

I've smoked bongs for years and years. I'm intrigued by the vaporizer method.

So, I bought a machine, followed the instructions and it did sweet FA.

Have I bought the wrong machine? I chopped until it was nearly dust, but, it just didn't work.

Am I better if staying with a billy (I'm 48 now) or is there a machine that someone could recommend? I'm not into joints, even though I smoke ciggies (yeah, I know). I no longer drink booze. It works too well with the pills and I'm not a fan of getting pissed anymore.

I bought some seeds from Amsterdam which arrived the other day. Couldn't believe they got through. Forgot what I ordered, but, I remember buying "outdoor varieties." $300 for about 20 seeds. My younger brother has Vegemite jars full of them. He's a billionaire in the waiting. He's going to try what he's got, I'll try what I've got & compare. One of the seeds in my package looks like a pip from a watermelon. Did someone kahphooey into the bag, or are some seeds massive?

I'll have to wait until Oct/Nov 2015 to start. I'm not into indoor growing. I just couldn't be bothered and sadly, my neighbour sees a Ferrari on the horizon if he gets involved (wants to grow big and sell - not my scene). He's an expert, so, I'm sticking to supplies from a major hardware store, good fertilizer and the sun. I'm not really into maintaining things, so, I'll just germinate, plant, put in sun and hope like SH!t that they grow.

If you suffer with pain, you have my utmost positive thoughts and any replies will be/are greatly appreciated on the vaporizer issue.

Best wishes people's!

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. Greatly appreciate it.

I'm looking at getting one of the pain pumps installed if this surgery doesn't help. I'm not overly keen on a morphine pump going inside of me. Think I'd sooner continue grinding, but, sometimes you don't get what you want.

I've tried cookies etc and they also do sweet FA for me. I think having bongs for the best part of 30 odd years has corrupted my system. Funny thing, if I smoke without baccy, I hate the feeling??

I'll give the late planting a go & see what transpires.

Cheers and thanks again.

Edited by Stoneyman

Good luck with next surgery Stoneyman. I understand.  Because my situation is very similar to your own. 2 failed spine surgery's on cervical spine. Same med's. Can't work etc. I just started growing again after 20 years  to try cannabis, need to get a better solution to my pain than oxy, fentanyl patches, valium etc as the next step in pain management is inserting a spinal stimulation probe under the skin. Send's electric pulse up the nerve and it fuzzes over the pain and sends a confused signal to brain.

Been patiently growing my own supply this last year and really don't know if it will help yet, but hopeful.

I think there is a big difference between cheap vaporisers and quality units ( like most things in the world). I brought a Aromed 4.0 at around $500. I tried it on some very small buds from plants that flowered in late October ( I planted then to early in season). The stuff had me bent for over 4 hours, but I'm a virgin all over again with no canna for 20 years.

Don't give up on the Vape, unless its a really cheap unit. Check out the Aromed, Its like bong and has a water chamber/ bubbler, or the Volcano. Just grind the canna like you would for a joint.

Edited by Husky

Good luck with next surgery Stoneyman. I understand.  Because my situation is very similar to your own. 2 failed spine surgery's on cervical spine. Same med's. Can't work etc. I just started growing again after 20 years  to try cannabis, need to get a better solution to my pain than oxy, fentanyl patches, valium etc as the next step in pain management is inserting a spinal stimulation probe under the skin. Send's electric pulse up the nerve and it fuzzes over the pain and sends a confused signal to brain.

Been patiently growing my own supply this last year and really don't know if it will help yet, but hopeful.

I think there is a big difference between cheap vaporisers and quality units ( like most things in the world). I brought a Aromed 4.0 at around $500. I tried it on some very small buds from plants that flowered in late October ( I planted then to early in season). The stuff had me bent for over 4 hours, but I'm a virgin all over again with no canna for 20 years.

Don't give up on the Vape, unless its a really cheap unit. Check out the Aromed, Its like bong and has a water chamber/ bubbler, or the Volcano. Just grind the canna like you would for a joint.

Mate, I wish that I'd had a leg bitten off by a shark instead of having a rooted spine. I know that sounds ridiculous, but, back pain is murder. You know the story. People can't actually see the titanium inside of you, so, assume that your ok. When I show people my X-rays, I get comments from "fuck, you are the real Wolverine" to "your gonna be worth heaps at the scrap yard."

I can't tell my full story as I signed confidentiality agreements. One thing I can say, if you have back pain and the dude wants to operate straight away, find another neurosurgeon. If I'd known what I now know, I'd be fine, still working and a normal life.

I bought a vaporizer unit called "Vaporfection Vivap." As I say, it did bugger all compared to having a billy. It came with options (like using a bag instead of the hose etc). I think I bought it off an ad that was on this website last year? I'll crank it up and try again.

Thanks again for the replies. Despite smoking the stuff for years, I've never thought about growing (buying off my younger brother, couldn't get caught with it etc etc.