100% perlite grow

I don't think plants produce salts. It's not a by product of feeding them nutes. From what I understand salts in the medium is from letting it dry out too much and/or not getting sufficient runoff to flush those salts out (salts being the nutes). Over time, the plant takes the salts from the nutes that it needs leaving behind what it doesn't. This causes the imbalance and why you should top up or replace water and nutes in the tub. Happy to be educated otherwise.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm just going my information from a qualified horticultural isn't... They could be wrong I guess... Maybe his university education is bullshit... Anyways... Everyone will have a different growing technique and ideas.... Doesn't really matter if at the end of the day your grow is successful...

Im always researching for better techniques, strains etc.. Never stop trying to improve what you are trying to achieve.. But the KISS theory always seems to work...

No intention of hijacking the OPs thread ,,but feel the need to clear some misinformation..

To the dude claiming roots exude salts ,,,,are you sure he used the word "salt" ?

Possibly you didn't understand him correctly ...?

There is plenty of info out there on root exudation.

Here's one link.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/root-exudates

If roots exuded salts ya fucking plants in the ground would die

In my non university uneducated view anyway

lets see how being a DC panned out

left school at 15, got a job paying adult wages, wasn't much $ it was in QLD lol

12 months later, left and went to another state, got a job earning SFA, 6 weeks later i was 2 IC, on a lot more than the average adult wage at the time 

2 years later i was the boss, on double the average wage.

left there and went onto the governments BIG $ union projects, made 4 times the average adult wage +

now I bludge at home, making a quid trading shares, not very good at it, down $4065 so far today lol, up a bit for the year tho

shit I wish I went to university

all the above is obviously bullshit , i'm just a dole bludger like cooper