gday all. today i got called a wanker in chat because i said i am mainlining some clones i cut from my mother plants haha. would just like to show some pics of how to start the manifold off incase anyone is interested in trying to mainline from clone, it will take a few weeks to show but im sure you will all get the drift fairly quickly as most of you are alot better than i in the growing department.

first thing you need to do is pick the best looking clones on the plant for example try to pick a node with growth tips opposing each other at the same height is perfect, if you cant get that it wont matter, just pick some clones that have the closest growths oppossing . once they have grown up to around the 5th node its time to chop the top off,  back down to the 3rd node or a node that has 2 growth tips almost the same height. i dont have any pics of that stage right now as i have already gone through that stage on my next batch.

once those 2 growths start to grow u must tie them down so they are growing horozontal at the exact same height. then repeat step 1. once you get both growth tips past the 4th or 5th node chop them again to give 4 main colas i have a pic here of mine i just did it yesterday.

post-55624-0-23929900-1433564673_thumb.jpg     post-55624-0-59030000-1433564537_thumb.jpg

the two pics above are from a clone that is good for mainlining the next below is a clone not so good for mainlining, see how the oppossing growths are at different heights, they need to be trained to grow at the same height as early as possible i guess this is the part where i get called a wanker for saying im mainlining not lsting hahabut im pretty sure the moment i chopped the top off my plants im not lsting anymore is that correct hehe. anyway back to the bad clones.

post-55624-0-97662200-1433564801_thumb.jpg

this is the stage im currently up to in my veg grow so i cant show you the next steps just yet but its pretty much the same as above one more time, so you will end up with 8 main colas. then just spread them out and let them grow as vertical as possible you want long straight colas getting lots of light. good luck and have a go if ya thinking about it especially if you are limited on time with work, all the work is done early in veg then you get to sit back and just pluck a few leaves to let the extra light in no more training or tieing needed all the way through until harvest. you may need to tie a few buds up from to much weight is about it haha.

and this is what they look like at 6 weeks into flower, i did stuff up and didnt get my main colas all vertical so i reckon that has cost me a fair bit, next time i will have each cola spread out more down low and just let the mains run up vertical. you gotta cut me some slack im a noob haha but i sure am happy being a noob and growing buds like this without having to care for them to much except feed nutes and water. some of you more experienced growers may help me here should i pluck some of the top leaves to let some extra light in or do you not worry about that this late into flower

post-55624-0-99594100-1433588734_thumb.jpg

Edited by MongyMan
  • Upvote 3

I wanna give it a go...I can see the structure you were aiming at and by the looks of it you nearly got there apart from a couple of low stragglers. Is that an 4 cola one? with a few errant branches or were you going for the 8  The piks I have seen all seem to show less leaf left on those main cola's than you have is that part of the technique or just a preference to leave the foliage on? More curious than anything. Hmmm if being a wanker is using a different technique and that technique produces the results you have then its not hard to see where the wank lies. :)

If you're happy doing what you're doing, don't give a fuck about what anyone says in chat.  Healthy plants and good clean buds are what's important, growing styles are personal choice.  Buds look to be going quite nicely, as for leaf thinning, I'm not a fan, but occassionally it is necessary.

looking at my first real grow im happy doing what im doing mate haha. things can only get better in my eyes. and nah i dont give a fuck what anyone thinks i just noticed in the post a few are interested in trying it out. so i thought i would show you all what a noob can do with it, just to give you guys the confidence to have a crack i guess was my main motivation haha. i want to see how others do it as well mate.

oh and whats ur projected yeild on this one hashy i love when i hear your numbers gives me such a big old smile

Edited by grow for me
  • Upvote 1

haha everyone has a different style of things man.... if it works for you.. keep it up.

and thank you for sharing.. its good to see how others grow.. and what they do.

best of luck with it.. im interested to see how they go.

Cheers.

no worries mate when i get time i will show the next part if anyone needs to see it but im sure you all get the drift by now hey. and yeah when i get some real spare time i might try a scrog or something, but for now this mainlining gives me more time for the family

I wanna give it a go...I can see the structure you were aiming at and by the looks of it you nearly got there apart from a couple of low stragglers. Is that an 4 cola one? with a few errant branches or were you going for the 8  The piks I have seen all seem to show less leaf left on those main cola's than you have is that part of the technique or just a preference to leave the foliage on? More curious than anything. Hmmm if being a wanker is using a different technique and that technique produces the results you have then its not hard to see where the wank lies. :)

gday mate, nah thast an 8 cola  pic i did have some others but had to ask for them to be removed for a stupid reason of mine i can whack a couple more in if ya like mate.  the problem with this baby is that i didnt get the colas growing vertically enough for long, i think i needed an extra 100 or 200 mm on each cola before going to flower and i should have cut most lower growth off to prevent it filling up in the middle like it has, that is the small straggly colas you are talking about. the plant has 8 nice big fat colas but as you say they do seem alot leafier than most pics i have seen hence why im wondering if i should be pulling more leaves than i have been. im pulling every fan leaf that has no trics on it not up high that is the lower ones im leaving as im  a scared noob to defoliate to much haha. and yeah with the buds i have growing im happy to be a wanker mate haha. im sure he didnt mean what he said if he did oh well bad luck haha.

sorry for the ramble but i been out smoking cheese its ripping my head off haha

Edited by grow for me