gday mate im trying out as we speak. i just cut the main stem down to the 3rd node. i then cut away most of the leaves below the the 3rd node all that is left is my 2 fan leaves and 2 new growths. its my first attempt so not sure how its gunna go. it doesnt look like its gunna die not yet anyway haha. good luck with urs mate im trying out on some white widow cross bigbud and some incredble bulk.

• Upvote 1

Sorry mate not yet. But I made a rookie error after my last post. I walked in had 3 cones looked at the plant and cut the 2 growths off. So I'm waiting on them to grow back now. Plant still looks OK and growths seem to be growing back. I say just have a go at nug buckets mainlining tutorial that's what I followed. Just be sure to leave the 2 fan leaves and 2 new growths on the 1st or 3rd node. I think I chose 3rd then cut everything below 3rd node. When I work out how to do pics I will OK mate. Good luck it seems easy enough to me after doing it.
  • Upvote 1

Also seems I may have stumbled upon something like the fim haha. As I cut the last new growths off on 3rd node leaving no growths seems I have 4 new growths starting at my cut point. So I'm hoping I have cut the 2nd stage out haha

Bugger it don't cut the top growths off and leave bear stem. The bugger picked the first node to start growing again. And seems only 1 main

bit lazy for a diary

so I will post some progressive pics here

trying 2 different mainlining techniques

ak47- "traditional" mainlining, 8 main colas

pineapple chunk- keep 1st, 2nd node, tipped once on third node, giving me 8 main colas.

constructive comments welcome

gday mate can you show a side on pic of your 2nd photo im not sure you have the mainlining thing correct. you are meant to have all 8 mains starting at the same hieght or else it probably will not work correctly

hey grow4me

thanks for stopping by :wave:

yeah I know its not the correct 'mainlining technique"

as in the first photo

but thought I would give it a go and compare the difference

I will still be getting 8 main colas on both plants

I have taken clones of both girls and for those grows I will be swapping this technique but on the different strains,

just to compare it with this grow.

At this stage, im not sure if the extra extra veg time and getting the "hub" sorted is worth the effort

time will tell I suppose.

pic to come

Yeah I'm with you on veg time if you only have 1 room running. I have 2 so I have around 9 weeks veg time anyway. But I am gunna try some other styles I have seen some massive plants in these ozstoners diaries with scrog. Not sure if my old back can handle it but I will have to try at least once. Just be careful with those lower hubs with nugbuckets theory all mains have to be of equal spacing from roots or base of plant otherwise some won't become mains. Not sure if its true keep us updated mate will be good to know. When I get my new phone I will update mine. 1 is in flower its looking good for me haha