Autopot systems

Hey after doing a lot of research into the auto pot systems and reading a lot of negative reviews I've still decided to get a 2 pot systems as I believe with a little extra prep it will be fine,

Such as airstones under the pots and regular flushing in case salts build up.

My questions are though,

With only bottom watering will it really need flushing weekly? As I thought unless you're top feeding this salt problem shouldn't happen.

Also anyone currently using these systems please write your experiences and views on them as well as little things you've found to help.

I've also got a bubble bucket with top feed I'll get going once this is all setup to compare the 2 methods

With only bottom watering will it really need flushing weekly? As I thought unless you're top feeding this salt problem shouldn't happen.

Also anyone currently using these systems please write your experiences and views on them as well as little things you've found to help.

I've also got a bubble bucket with top feed I'll get going once this is all setup to compare the 2 methods

No you do not 'have' to flush weekly.

I have played around with bottom feeding, reminds me of the flood and drain concept.

when I grew in 15L containers using bottom only feeing (coco and a little perlite), I found that I needed to water from the top occasionally, seemed to help in the growth of roots at the top of the container

so, no flushing it is not necessary as long as your nutrients are fresh and replaced often and you keep an eye out for root problems

smokey im with veronica, im growing in coco/perlite i water using a 200mls cup i water 4-5 cups thru the top of my 13L pots than i water 6-8 cups thru the bottom i just fill my spill tray i havent had any problems and im much liking this watering style because before i would water around 6 cups thru the top and get run off before the coco would assorb the run off again

i came so close to buying the auto pots two days ago but i wasnt buying the australian auto pots, i was going to buy the UK made auto pots which guys in the UK have great success growing cannabis over there unlike our auto pots

over there a 4 pot auto system with a reservoir cost $150 delivered or 6 pot system $175 delivered u can find these on ebay, they also come with a 47L reservoir

Hey sixtyeight thanks for the input, just a few quick questions though,

What's wrong with the Aussie ones exactly and I'm planning on using 100% perlite, what are the advantages of adding coco?

im not exactly sure but people dont favour the australian autopots, i think there may be a grow or two here on ozstoners they also make a "wet feet" foam pad with a wick now for the australian autopots maybe thats the go?