First Grow 2014/15 pics inside

Hi all!

New around here been reading a fair bit and learning on the way hopefully with more to come!

So as topic states this is the first time ive tried to grow and just wanted any advice/tips I could get.

I only have 1 plant going as I never really intended on growing this was just a shit stir with some bag seeds and thought why not try. 

So I have a self watering pot which I had lying around and some materials and decided to mix some of my richgro potting mix with some builders sand and perlite through it to make it nice and airy as I've grown veggies before with this mix and it worked quite well.

First week of Oct 14 i popped a seed in and about 5 days later a sprout appeared! Gave it water as needed until the 2nd set of leaves came and then started feeding with a very diluted mix of seasol and powerfeed for veggies which is 14-1.2-9 fert, Just last week I changed my fert over to powerfeed for flowers and fruit which is 10-2-9. It's a mix of 1/2 cap of seasol and 1/4 cap of powerfeed diluted into 2L. I feed them every second watering until theres runoff in the bottom of the pot. Usually watered when the pot feels light and the top soil is dry. I don't think I am over watering or over feeding.

3 months later and she is now just a touch over 1m tall, pinched the top about a month ago to get it to bush out a bit from what Ive been reading and so far appears to have worked well. I also looked closely at the nodes and there are tiny white hairs growing so its starting to flower.

Heres a couple of pics for you experts out there they were taken 4/1/14. I Wanted to know when exactly will I start seeing some buds? It looks very leafy, does this mean im over doing the nitrogen or is this ok? Do I need to get some potash to mix in with my fertiliser or is that later on closer to harvest? Any tips are welcome!

post-55495-0-56066100-1420354628_thumb.jpg

post-55495-0-02962100-1420354640_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice first post man. Welcome.

Plant looks nice and healthy. Any chances of going in the ground, at at the least a much bigger pot? When you start seeing buds depends on the variety alot, especially outdoors. Shouldn't be long now... patience. Potash would be a nice addition. Start now on a weak dose and build up. I find it more beneficial to dilute the potash more than the suggested dose, but apply it more often. Mine says 5g/10L for each m2 every 6 weeks, so I halve that dose and apply every 3 weeks.

Edited by Rhizo

Hey Rhizo, thanks for that info. It feels good to hear my plant seems healthy hehe!

About a month ago it was copping it from whiteflies and i got some eco-oil onto it and she's good as gold now. I was thinking of using the manutec liquid potash you get at bunnings not the granulated stuff and mix in with my fert mix say once a week until harvest time is ready. It's final week before pulling it just plain water what do you think ? Repotting or putting in the ground i can't do for the moment the pot it's in will have to make do.. will it give me grief if I don't repot ? It's in a 28cm pot I think it's about 10L

Edited by growbabygrow

Yeah that pot is really small, though I've never had success is small container growing while others have, so you will hopefully get some advise from someone with a little more container growing experience. Your potash schedule seems fine, maybe go every second week though so you can alternate between a Seasol application one week and potash the next. If you're going to still use powerfeed half the amount of potash on each dose, and consider dropping powerfeed out of your line around four weeks into bloom. I could be wrong but that much nitrogen shouldn't be necessary by then. In soil I'd stop any nutrient application about 2 - 3 weeks before harvest atleast. Keep in mind applying fertilizer is like cooking, better to under do it than over do it. You can always fertilize if you need to, but nute burn hurts.

Doing any foliar application?

Edited by Rhizo
  • Upvote 1

Yeah every so often I do a foliar feed theres no real set schedule most of the time I just water the soil. I suppose once a week I could do a half dose foliar potash feed as I'd still be using the powerfeed for its phosphours and other nute's the plant needs. 3 weeks prior to harvest makes sense with no nute's plant can use all its nitrogen and focus on bud :)

Just yesterday the lowest fan leaves yellowed and fell off based on those pics I put up anyone recommend I do any trimming or let nature takes its course?

Nice work GBG, looks very similar to my first grow actually, towards the end I had to tie it to my back fence before it fell over & snapped its own stem. Never got an exact weight of the yield but was at least 4oz if I remember correctly. Last couple years Ive tried to go the Bush look & I normally try to do a bit of leaf trimming whenever Im tying down up until about this time of year. (depending on size of course) I feel it helps the growth a bit & when you're tying down it seems to fill itself in. but this may depend on strain? Anyway, keep up the good work buddy.

RickShawRyder

Yeah I reckon I'll need to tie it down when It buds for sure it's grown heaps since the last photos I posted.

I'll put some more up in the coming days. As far as yield goes I'd be wrapt getting 3 to 4 oz off this plant in a fairly small pot too for my first go. I'm not sure what the strain is or if it's an indica or sativa maybe someone can tell me from pics?

I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait till next spring to do a proper grow with everything I've learnt and refining my technique it can only get better ! Ill habe to go for a trip to bunnings this week and get me some potash and start a foliar feed weekly from now on so she can really reach her fullest potential.This site is the best so much valuable info thanks everyone for the input I'll keep you all posted and share my experience so hopefully others can learn like I am too.

Edited by growbabygrow