How to deal with the munchies

Sir PsychoHashy

Question

I know this will be begging for humorous replies, and I will enjoy reading them, but it is a serious question as this is an aspect of cannabis use that can have a negative medical impact, just hope this is the appropriate section for it.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on ways of combatting/avoiding the munchies, preferably not involving pizza and a crate of Tim Tams. 

I'm not proper overweight, but I am dr advised overweight and struggling to maintain my level, let alone lose weight, and I have other medical issues that are affected by my weight.  I make up for night time munchies to some degree by not eating much through the rest of the day, but spending time before  going to bed sitting on my arse with the munchies is the worst possible dieting scenario.  Obviously some strains are worse than others, but they all do it to me, so I would love to find a way to deal with this aspect of canna, as it helps me medicinally in other ways.

• Upvote 2

Severe sugar munchies has just about turned me diabetic also drinking powerade gator aid while  getting ripped hasn't helped

got 3 months to turn my diet around or I go to meds

Zero sugar munchies from now on

Hey Magpie, sorry to hear of your plight.

It doesn't take long to eliminate the cravings.  If you can eliminate sugar and refined carbs, complex carbs in moderation, and have tons of vegies and fruit you'll find the munchies very manageable.

Also, lots of people are scared of fats, but try coconut oil [unrefined, virgin].  It's very satiating, without the problems of sugar.  Try juice of 1/2 a lemon in a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of coconut oil [as a bonus it's good for your liver]. 

Wishing you well in your quest to turn your diet around.

• Upvote 3

Changing my smoking habits as well im trying to smoke before dinner so I enjoy a good healthy dinner

instead of smoking after then pigging out on  custard tarts tim tams iced dohnuts chocybars ect ect ect

lol I remember pigging out on anything not nailed down! 

It helps when ya don't have that sort of stuff in the house.  But it's different for me because I live 3/4 hour from the shops, so if I don't have it in the house I'm safe :)

The only suggestion I can make is look at getting low Gi foods and munchies. My mums a diabetic and she still cooks some really nice food and munchies..

Google low Gi munchies and you will find some really nice recipes.. Plus you can lose weight at the same time..

I find I get the munchies pretty quickly but always try to hold off and try to focus on doing something else. Soon as I eat while stoned I sober up fast.

Just think its the bodies reaction to metabolising cannabis thc and getting the mind/ brain back to a state of equilibrium function, by processing sugars carbohydrates to raise depressed hormones. Just my theory......

Edited by lookinggoodguys