How to deal with the munchies

Sir PsychoHashy

Question

I know this will be begging for humorous replies, and I will enjoy reading them, but it is a serious question as this is an aspect of cannabis use that can have a negative medical impact, just hope this is the appropriate section for it.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on ways of combatting/avoiding the munchies, preferably not involving pizza and a crate of Tim Tams. 

I'm not proper overweight, but I am dr advised overweight and struggling to maintain my level, let alone lose weight, and I have other medical issues that are affected by my weight.  I make up for night time munchies to some degree by not eating much through the rest of the day, but spending time before  going to bed sitting on my arse with the munchies is the worst possible dieting scenario.  Obviously some strains are worse than others, but they all do it to me, so I would love to find a way to deal with this aspect of canna, as it helps me medicinally in other ways.

• Upvote 2

I should probably add in on an official note, I cant remember who told me but the action of the body getting the munchies is sorta like a defence mechanism that when you get too stoned it makes you feel hungry so your body can start metabolising the THC and breaking it down for waste.

If im in the mood to get high I eat before smoking and avoid munchies so the high will last longer, because it seems as soon as I eat something I feel less stoned.

Edited by The Stoned Jester

I should probably add in on an official note, I cant remember who told me but the action of the body getting the munchies is sorta like a defence mechanism that when you get too stoned it makes you feel hungry so your body can start metabolising the THC and breaking it down for waste.

If im in the mood to get high I eat before smoking and avoid munchies so the high will last longer, because it seems as soon as I eat something I feel less stoned.

Don't know about the science part, but there's definitely an element of truth to that, and eating can definitely diminish the stone.  Don't know if it's simply a reaction to being too stoned though, probably sometimes, but the 2nd worst case of super serious munchies I ever had was off a bag of weed that was otherwise very weak with next to no buzz at all, so there's gotta be something else going on as well.