How to deal with the munchies

Sir PsychoHashy

Question

I know this will be begging for humorous replies, and I will enjoy reading them, but it is a serious question as this is an aspect of cannabis use that can have a negative medical impact, just hope this is the appropriate section for it.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on ways of combatting/avoiding the munchies, preferably not involving pizza and a crate of Tim Tams. 

I'm not proper overweight, but I am dr advised overweight and struggling to maintain my level, let alone lose weight, and I have other medical issues that are affected by my weight.  I make up for night time munchies to some degree by not eating much through the rest of the day, but spending time before  going to bed sitting on my arse with the munchies is the worst possible dieting scenario.  Obviously some strains are worse than others, but they all do it to me, so I would love to find a way to deal with this aspect of canna, as it helps me medicinally in other ways.

• Upvote 2

Time your high with your biggest meal of the day. So just before dinner most likely. You will satisfy the urge and not be mowing down a packet of tim tams lol. For me I usually don't blaze until the night because I just enjoy it more. Usually after work late at night when it's not a good idea to be eating but I still succumb to chocolate usually.

Have a look into intermittent fasting. It's worked for a few people. Not a diet exactly but more a way to restrict your calorie intake. Basically you only eat during an 8 hour window and you fast for 16 hours. If you're sleeping for 8 of that and skip morning breakfast you're pretty much doing it already. There's been a few documentaries and studies made on the benefits of fasting.

Edited by gramin

ironically enough, I have just figured out that using a vape pen I get the munchies, but if I use a pipe and lighter, I don't get the munchies...

not sure if it is an option but can you change the way you smoke/vape/etc?

EDIT:

Also, some strains are worse than others for producing the munchies

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

Sorry about the last post couldn't help myself 

Processed sugar is the prob , it's in everything in a packet/bottle almost

If you can give this away ,which i need to do ,your 90% of the way there i reckon

I used to weight about 25 stone before i got sick few years back & dropped down

to 79kg then back to 90kg & have kept it at that for some time now 

but the love of the sweet devil get's me every time & dose more damage

to us than just putting on weight 

have to try & stick with fresh fruit & vege & i walked heaps as i was recovering 

like 2hrs a day 8am to 10am & kept an eye on how much i was eating

as a kg in kg out kinda thing , use dried fruit & nuts as snacks for the munchies

if your in to it, it's a personal thing really , how you get there sometimes needs to

be your own laid path 

Edited by itchybromusic

I have a heap of medications on board every day and these cause issues with my bodies metabolism. In order to "balance" out the issue I eat a certain amount of fresh licorice to assist in any "movements" and when you have the munchies you would be surprised what a couple of pieces can do to help stave them off...then sometimes I just go screw this and I go for for the big bag of Maltesers or chocolate or anything with chocolate on it...or in it....or around it... you get the picture. Is chocolate good for the waist line? Personal experience tells me NO or at least not in the quantities that I want to consume it in. :)