Crispy brown leaves in certain areas - flowering

herby

The ones that are dying are all in coco / perlite, The other 3 NL that are alive are in DWC, the doctor is in coco / perlite and is fine. I cant make any hash at the moment i dont have the time or the room with the two grows happening at once and to much other shit going on at the moment. God damnit, this is so frustrating.

I cant make any hash at the moment i dont have the time or the room with the two grows happening at once and to much other shit going on at the moment. God damnit, this is so frustrating.

Roughly trim out the dead leaves, then just dry and cure as normal and leave it in storage until it's convenient to hash.  Hash collection seems to go better after a bit of curing time anyway.

Roughly trim out the dead leaves, then just dry and cure as normal and leave it in storage until it's convenient to hash.  Hash collection seems to go better after a bit of curing time anyway.

i am kind of in the middle of moving the grow from one place to another so its making it hard, i dont even have a fridge setup at the moment for storage ;(

i will try though, some of the more frosty buds i will keep and dry / cure like normal and then donate to friends / family anyway. But its a shame that it wont be good quality.

hey herby u mentioned your growing in coco/perlite are u watering from the top or bottom of pot? u do know after about 3-4 weeks the coco locks out water so u need to water from the bottom by a spill tray and let the plant assorb as much water as it'll take in, do this every 3-4 weeks more so when the plant is bigger

if u water only from the top the coco locks out water and you'll find the coco doesnt assorb hardly anything and u actually think you've watered the plant, when u water from the bottom you'll see she'll drink 4 times the amount u poured in the top untill it runs out the bottom of the pot

if u got it mixed up and this crook plant is in DWC, DWC nutrients at half strength is actually full strength i had this discussion with chato years ago and we both agreed as i too burnt the shit out of my plants and learnt the hard way mine looked just like yours

hey herby u mentioned your growing in coco/perlite are u watering from the top or bottom of pot? u do know after about 3-4 weeks the coco locks out water so u need to water from the bottom by a spill tray and let the plant assorb as much water as it'll take in, do this every 3-4 weeks more so when the plant is bigger

if u water only from the top the coco locks out water and you'll find the coco doesnt assorb hardly anything and u actually think you've watered the plant, when u water from the bottom you'll see she'll drink 4 times the amount u poured in the top untill it runs out the bottom of the pot

if u got it mixed up and this crook plant is in DWC, DWC nutrients at half strength is actually full strength i had this discussion with chato years ago and we both agreed as i too burnt the shit out of my plants and learnt the hard way mine looked just like yours

Coco does not become hydrophobic like peat moss when dry. You may not have packed the coco enough down in the pot creating air pockets, water will always follow the easiest path down.

• Upvote 1

Coco does not become hydrophobic like peat moss when dry. You may not have packed the coco enough down in the pot creating air pockets, water will always follow the easiest path down.

i load my pots handful by handful im sure there are no air pockets, i have a couple 125mm pots sitting that dried out very slowly i can bet ya a dollar if i pour water on the coco it'll run down the side of the pot it wont assorb it unless i keep filling it up than it eventually will soak in

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

The dying plants were all in coco / perlite, I have never fed from the bottom? i use a pot in pot system instead of trays, so when the main pot is soaked it starts dripping into the second pot that the main pot is sitting in, when that gets to full to the point that its reaching the bottom of the top pot then i empty it out.

Im still not sure what happened guys...I washed away all the coco from the dead plants and like i said the roots looked nice and white, didn't see anything to show infection or dead roots?... I still have 1 in coco and perlite that is going strong, and the rest are in DWC which are going good too.

BUT...I had some small clones in smaller pots which were vegging, they were all about 30cm tall, and recently they all died as well, the exact same thing happened to them, they just shriveled up and crisped away.....

Its getting a little hard to manage this at the moment so i think i will take a break for summer after this grow is finished..

Hey guys, update on this situation.

One out of the two surviving plants has also recently died, the same thing happened, This time it was my NL that was in the DWC bucket... i checked the water level on the 7th, and today when i went to check it the plant was dead, however it didn't drink ANY water, the bucket was still full upto the marker, Remembering back to the other plants that died in coco they also seemed to stop drinking as the pots were very heavy each time i checked them..

I thought COLD temps cause such symptons...But considering we had a 45 degree day not long ago i fail to see how it could be that...Any other reason why they would stop drinking?

If the plants are to far past the harvest date would they do this also ?

My "doctor" plant is still going strong in coco at the moment, its the last of my 6 flowering plants from this batch that has survived this long..

Edited by herby