Victoria Premier OKs Medical Cannabis Reform

Daniel Andrew, Victoria's Premier Announces they are ready to make (probable) changes in their state's cannabis laws - by end of 2015

...Ensuring persons with "terminal or life threatening illnesses" will have access to Medical Cannabis ASAP(aka 2015)

Interview from the Today Show 19 Dec 2015

https://amp.twimg.com/v/3b92223a-0a91-4961-9e71-7c41376a9c66

And we are off and changing!!!!

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

More info difference source

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/victoria-is-going-ahead-with-medical-marijuana-reform-premier-says-its-undeniable-2014-12

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews says he hopes to have a bill to legalise medical marijuana put before the parliament before the end of next year.

Speaking on 3AW radio today, the new Premier said the Victorian Law Reform Commission would submit a report by the end of August 2015, to determine whether terminally and chronically ill individuals will be eligible to access medical marijuana for treatment.

“It is my hope to have the bills into Victorian parliament before the end of the year,” Andrews said.

“I think every now and then the community’s call for reform becomes one of those undeniable things.

“This is the right thing to do because we have to drag this law into the 21st century.”

Andrews said no parent or guardian should be forced into the “terrible position to save your child or obey the law”, as was the case with the mother of toddler Cooper Wallace.

Earlier this year, Victoria Police announced they would rein in investigations where children were given cannabis oil to treat serious illnesses.

When are people going to wake up, matnaska name the last accomplishment the government has made or something they fixed or changed, seriously I want you to reply I guarantee you can't name one, i need you to identify a change the government has made for the better, not a fucking topic that gets thrown around the wheel all year round. Wage increases don't count haha.

Plus it's not up to this retard he even said he submitted a report to an agency for them to determine if it's the right pathway to go down, results will be announced august next year and he has given report to them this morning that's a quote from him, then you have more trash that says the report won't be ready till August next year and may have bills passed by end of the year.

I know you won't even remember this next bloody year like most of the population, and for god sake he even says it's pharmaceutical ie Sativex, Canasol Marinol not going to be legal cannabis for you to smoke, the government knows it can be a successful business and are ready to make money from off you or it.

When are people going to wake up, matnaska name the last accomplishment the government has made or something they fixed or changed, seriously I want you to reply I guarantee you can't name one, i need you to identify a change the government has made for the better, not a fucking topic that gets thrown around the wheel all year round. Wage increases don't count haha.

Plus it's not up to this retard he even said he submitted a report to an agency for them to determine if it's the right pathway to go down, results will be announced august next year and he has given report to them this morning that's a quote from him, then you have more trash that says the report won't be ready till August next year and may have bills passed by end of the year.

I know you won't even remember this next bloody year like most of the population, and for god sake he even says it's pharmaceutical ie Sativex, Canasol Marinol not going to be legal cannabis for you to smoke, the government knows it can be a successful business and are ready to make money from off you or it.

Silly, silly man, I'm a recent migrant to Australia, I can't name many pollies full stop

Sorry to all the hopefuls, but I'm pretty much with Haze on this one, but still hoping that the push will continue and eventually succeed. 

It might happen, as might the current one sitting in the Senate, but I'm still seeing vague language, narrow limitations, and pollies leaving themselves a lot of room to pass the blame on to someone else if it doesn't work out, but I really hope to be proven wrong even though any changes currently being discussed will not help me in any way.  I think my problem is that I've watched too much Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, to have any faith in real change coming about.

But Haze, the government in this country has made good and effective reforms in the past, but fucked if I can think of any since Medicare, which is possibly under threat.