Just ordered the new 630watt d Papillon

Well the lamp arrived today and it is up and running...firstly the package was well padded and undamaged during freight... The lamp was easy to assemble and set up. It is very easy on the eyes and pleasant to work under. The reflector does what it says on the box...there is noticeably little heat under the lamp it is all drawn out of the top of the reflector housing. Nice design that... I have been watching tghe heat in the room and their has been no change in the ambient temperature over the HPS although it will be a while till I know how the temps will pan out ...but so far so good.

post-52785-0-85228000-1417669295_thumb.jpg

post-52785-0-88211500-1417669427_thumb.jpg

post-52785-0-95088500-1417669505_thumb.jpg

post-52785-0-62302400-1417669559_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well things have moved quickly, with the girls putting on weight very swiftly indeed. My observations so far are that this is a very efficient and cool for an open reflector...I feel that the colas have greater weight than I have experienced previously... I also have found that the plants I have not topped have developed much more weight than expected, and are showing the way in terms of return. I have included a shot of an un topped AK 49 flower to demonstrate the thickness and density of the cola. Remembering that these are Autos I think the crop will be quite good in terms of return for power.... the wide shot of the room consists of white widow foreground, AK49 mid,  and Northern lights and AK 47 rear of shot.

post-52785-0-60158000-1418181867_thumb.jpgpost-52785-0-13847400-1418181894_thumb.jpg

Ok finally got a chance to weigh the crop today... 750 grams of ttightly trimmed bud and two packed shopping bags of trim... It was a bit of a unusual grow this time, what with a 60 hour blackout in the first week of flower. Then changing lights in the last weeks of flower. Some of the heads were a bit airy, apart from that it is primo quality. I have set up a discreet video online channel which has password protection for the next grow. Hopefully I can do a video log of the grow from start to finish.  

Here is a shot of the curing jars.

post-52785-0-14590800-1419144142_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Good stuff, how did it compare to your previous HPS grows?

The spectrum of light that thing produces is a lot closer to actual sunlight than HPS, but whether or not that translates to better buds is kind of uncertain.

If you do get a vlog up you should do a CMH vs HPS or something like that, it would be very useful to the indoor growing community as there's not a lot of info on these new lights as of yet.