Panasonic Whisper Quiet Line Fans Anybody?

i too ran a 125mm mixflow fan with a cool tube worked good, there is no need to run a centrifugal with a cool tube unless your running a series of cool tubes on the one circuit, imo cool tube are very efficient for removing heat there just isnt a chance for the heat to build up like in aircooled reflectors

but check out these fans bloody unreal but pricey

mine was like the Manrose Mixflo fan but ive forgotten what brand it was, i purchased it from a old hydro shop thats no longer, it was expensive back than something like $110-$120 i was pushing the limit a bit but it worked great running thru a meter or two of ducting

those shit little axle fans should do something like the ezi 150mm if your only running ducting from one side of a tent and blowing it out the other side without too many bends in the ducting, if your running it in a full sized bedroom or long ducting go the centrifugal fan 100mm will do but there loud and its probably over kill

the mixflo fan i had was either 100-125mm and it was pretty heavy so take its weight into consideration if your hanging it in a tent with a filter and shade etc..

Thanks 68 for getting back.

I had a good look and listen to the Westaflex range the last few days and checked out a few other fans at hydro shops and considering the 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained' scenario, I have bought a 6" Panasonic Whisper Quiet Line Fan.

Some reviews say its super quiet, others say its noisy. Perhaps because the unit is usually installed in the ceiling cavity is why it is quiet for most reviewers, however time will tell :)

Will post a review here once installed/tested.

Thanks 68 for getting back.

I had a good look and listen to the Westaflex range the last few days and checked out a few other fans at hydro shops and considering the 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained' scenario, I have bought a 6" Panasonic Whisper Quiet Line Fan.

Some reviews say its super quiet, others say its noisy. Perhaps because the unit is usually installed in the ceiling cavity is why it is quiet for most reviewers, however time will tell :)

Will post a review here once installed/tested.

Hey Earthling,

Just wondering if you'd received your fan yet and had any thoughts? Also, where did you get yours? I've seen a couple on eBay but they end up costing a couple of hundred dollars with delivery :(

Hey Earthling,

Just wondering if you'd received your fan yet and had any thoughts? Also, where did you get yours? I've seen a couple on eBay but they end up costing a couple of hundred dollars with delivery :(

Yes got it and tested it out, after figuring out the wiring, and she runs quiet when compared to Westaflex range. Not super quiet but definitely better. The main fan is constructed in a box which is what gives it the quietness. If you bought a Westaflex and put it in an insulated box it would more than likely dampen the noise to similar levels. A good db meter would be handy right now... 

When hooked up to some 6" Acoustic Ducting, the only real noise is the airflow.

I still haven't hooked it up in my grow room yet as I am awaiting for this crop to finish before I put in the cooltubes (which it was bought for).

To buy just do a google and see what comes up. I prefer not to say where I bought from specifically for security. If shipping is excessive, perhaps try a freight forwarder.

All up it cost me $360, which when compared to some of the deals out there for other fans is excessive.

I will add more when its installed and a true test can be made as to effectiveness and quietness.

Hooked her up to the Phresh filter and the muffler and its not that quiet.

I normally run a 10"westaflex at 3/4 speed. The westaflex pushes equal too or more air than the 'Whisperquiet' and is slightly quieter.

The westaflex is boxed in with 13mm chipboard and rockwool.

I put back the westaflex, as its quieter and gives me the ability to increase and decrease the speed as I need to.

Now what to do with the Whisperquiet.....

Hooked her up to the Phresh filter and the muffler and its not that quiet.

I normally run a 10"westaflex at 3/4 speed. The westaflex pushes equal too or more air than the 'Whisperquiet' and is slightly quieter.

The westaflex is boxed in with 13mm chipboard and rockwool.

I put back the westaflex, as its quieter and gives me the ability to increase and decrease the speed as I need to.

Now what to do with the Whisperquiet.....

i had a 10 or 12inch centrifugal i dont know how your growing with one they are so fucking loud u have to wear ear protection in the grow room lol

have u thought about running the westflex at 30-50% once your cooltubes are in and running a seprate 5" centrifugal fan for the cooltubes?

westflex is a good brand i have a cheap chinese shitter centrifugal fan and it has auto shut off if overheated u could possibly do as i have been doing for months now that is tossing a folded over feather down dooner over the fan mine reduced the noise by about 50-70% i mosly just hear the suck and blow sound from the filter and exit