My first grow - any tips?

You're doing well Roy. 

Have to agree with ozzyoutdoors - in the ground is the way to go.  You could perhaps put the plastic pot inside a bigger pot to shield the pot from the sun and stop the roots getting too hot.

One big tip I learned last year - don't fertilise when it's too hot - the plants mostly can't take it.

Good luck with your grow.

The ability to move pots around when the friends & family are over is very handy. Also good to chase or avoid the sun too. You won't get the size or harvest as you would in the ground though. They're also good for keeping sativas somewhat short as growth space in the pot will reduce growth outside the pot.

What I suggest for next grow is invest in some concrete or terracotta pots (drill extra holes in the bottom though). They tend to heat up a lot less if at all depending on thickness and are also porous which is good for the wet to dry cycles the plant enjoys. You can also run wire/cable/string under the outside lip for your LSTing. Plastic pots don't belong outside imo.

I love my terracotta pots.

• Upvote 1

hey guys i have a couple in pots buried in the ground also,,definatley not goin as well

on the powerfeeed i push mine to the edge they a fast growin plant need sone goodness to get boomers,and when there in pots ya always weakining the solution,so its like ya flushin all the time need to feed all the time if that makes sense...but yea, its a fine line, but ya just watch them to see were there at...hope that helps....shame that ya have to hide them..hopefully change comin soon and it becomes more acceptable.. :yinyang:

Hey Roy, the plant looks good, nice and healthy. Your approach with the nutrients is good - a little bit regularly. She probably is growing a little slower cos you keep bending and training her.I would suggest you try and resist any more training until its a little bigger. If you want t get it to bush out some more just top it again but that will slow the growth as well. The less you muck with her the better. I would leave it in that pot until around xmas / new years, then repot it into a large 10 or 15 gallon fabric pot. That should be good all through flowering until the end of march / april. I can see yours is out in the grass there so this may not help but this year I am using these to move my pots around on the pavers - http://www.bunnings.com.au/movie-it-380-x-147mm-dolly-home-round-hs-11007_p3961560