My first grow - any tips?

Get some fabric air pruning pots, they will grow plants as big as in the ground. They need more water but also don't heat up the root zone as much as plastic pots.

I hadnt ever heard of these air-pruning pots before so looked them up. It seems some people swear by them and others dont. I might try it with this plant after christmas when I move the plant to a bigger pot. Where is the best place to buy these types of pots?

hey guys i have a couple in pots buried in the ground also,,definatley not goin as well

on the powerfeeed i push mine to the edge they a fast growin plant need sone goodness to get boomers,and when there in pots ya always weakining the solution,so its like ya flushin all the time need to feed all the time if that makes sense...but yea, its a fine line, but ya just watch them to see were there at...hope that helps....shame that ya have to hide them..hopefully change comin soon and it becomes more acceptable.. :yinyang:

Yeah hopefully changes come soon. Im not a regular smoker but some of my friends are and I will be sharing this plant with them. Seems very harmless to me, none of my smoking friends are violent on it, they all hold very good jobs, own houses and are in happy relationships. The stigma around smoking is very misinformed and overrated in a bad way.

And growing the plants has been a fun past time and is enjoyable for me. I haven't every been this interested in growing plants before this cannabis plant and I am learning a lot as I am going on. I even bought a heap of other herb seedlings (tyme, chives, coriander, parsely and basil) and have been using some of the techniques I have learned through growing cannabis.

Hey Roy, the plant looks good, nice and healthy. Your approach with the nutrients is good - a little bit regularly. She probably is growing a little slower cos you keep bending and training her.I would suggest you try and resist any more training until its a little bigger. If you want t get it to bush out some more just top it again but that will slow the growth as well. The less you muck with her the better. I would leave it in that pot until around xmas / new years, then repot it into a large 10 or 15 gallon fabric pot. That should be good all through flowering until the end of march / april. I can see yours is out in the grass there so this may not help but this year I am using these to move my pots around on the pavers - http://www.bunnings.com.au/movie-it-380-x-147mm-dolly-home-round-hs-11007_p3961560

I wish I had read this post before I just bent my plant some more. I will leave it now until christmas and then repot it in a fabric pot. Thanks for the advice. 

Look at eBay international sellers for the fabric pots, there are heaps of different ones. Get a shallow plastic saucer from Bunnings to go underneath it and when you water it, water from the top, then soak the fabric from the outside, then fill the saucer. This will give you a nice even moisture level through the soil.

These are good value - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231233366157&alt=web

Edited by wannagrowbuds

The lower leaves will begin to yellow when the  nitrogen is running low... basically the plant is recycling nutrients from the oldest leaves to support new growth at the top of the plant. Take it as a sign to either pot up into fresh fertilised soil or begin feeding a liquid nutrient... power feed and seaweed extract should provide all the plant needs during vegetative growth.

• Upvote 1

The lower leaves will begin to yellow when the nitrogen is running low... basically the plant is recycling nutrients from the oldest leaves to support new growth at the top of the plant. Take it as a sign to either pot up into fresh fertilised soil or begin feeding a liquid nutrient... power feed and seaweed extract should provide all the plant needs during vegetative growth.

Thanks for the advice. I have given it some power feed tonight, will buy some seaweed extract soon.

yours is looking sick! faster growth than mine still haha ill post updates of mine tmorrow to compare!

When/what size pot r u gna transfer urs too?

Cheers mate. I reckon I might try and get a 50L fabric pot next. I'll put it in during the Christmas break when I have a bit more time.

The last few days have been good weather for it actually, really shot up over the weekend.

lookin good still aways to go yet..

Cheers mate