1st grow - outdoor - Autoflowers & Regular

Your LST looks fine... I do mine like that too

correct genetics are the largest factor in your high

But you can control aspects of your high through selective harvesting (early/late/etc)

I've recently grown a 100% sativa, there is zero chance of the high being anything like an Indica, even if trichs went amber (amber trichs are actually a sign the plant is starting to become over-ripe)

With Indica's, I most always take at the start of seeing Amber Trichnomes, because I don't like to be glued to the lounge. I prefer a uppy high verses a stoned high.

You can get the high you like through harvesting at different times and taking notes for the next time....

:rambling:

Luck!

Interesting stuff! love learning this stuff gets me excited haha! This might sound abit stupid but if u have bud that u enjoy smoking but its been cured for ages do the trichomes change color or anything or would that be a good indicator of when to harvest ur own? assuming genetics are the same?

nice pics zeeibi. How many plants do you have now? Im losing track...

I thought growing was easy, until the real heat started in Adelaide. Its gonna take some effort and some luck but we will get there to our first harvest!

thanks mate! Only 2 atm, 1 chronic regular seed and 1 autoflower amnesia(vision seeds breeder)

Have had so many die on me due to damping off :( only got 1-2 autoflower seeds left but i think ill save for after i harvest the first one. 

Im experimenting with a few clones from trimmings, did 3 in plain water and have planted 2 today, 1 looks like it might take off other looks like its struggling :(

Started noticing alot more little green caterpillers munching on the big plants leaves...dno how they even get onto them as i have the pots proper up on peices of wood in a dish filled with water >.<! they must be good swimmers. Anyone had success getting rid of these lil shits!?

Interesting stuff! love learning this stuff gets me excited haha! This might sound abit stupid but if u have bud that u enjoy smoking but its been cured for ages do the trichomes change color or anything or would that be a good indicator of when to harvest ur own? assuming genetics are the same?

Im experimenting with a few clones from trimmings, did 3 in plain water and have planted 2 today, 1 looks like it might take off other looks like its struggling :(

Trichnomes may continue to ripen once the plant is harvested, but that is only for a few days as the plants uses its stored reserves (of whatever it uses).

The change in flavour from curing is incredible, can take a blah smoke and turn it into a great smoke (flavour wise).

The high probably won't change (much) over time.

with the Clones- are you using something to help keep the humidity extra-high around them?

Clones will do best if kept in high humidity for the first 3 or so days once taken

some people use a humidity dome, or an old plastic soda bottle (cut the top or bottom off) or even a huge plastic freezer storage bag (I use bags, place the pot and clone in it)

luck!

Edited by Matanuska Thunder

Curing is mostly a flavour and smoothness improvements.  Though I'd have to say that the stone does seem to change a little sometimes, seems to get a little more mellow and balanced for lack of a better description, but it's not much and could be partly distorted memory of the original.  Curing is well and truly worth the wait though.

Matti's spot on with the humidity and clones thing as well.  Another option is to mist the leaves with a sprayer a few times a day, or I've used an airstone in the water which sprays a bit of water mist around for the same effect as well as oxygenating the water, seemed to work well.

They hatch from eggs laid on the plant by the white butterfly. Yates Success is the best solution as it is safe to consume after one week.

Ive got some of this 

http://www.bunnings.com.au/yates-200ml-pyrethrum-concentrate_p2961583

Pyrethrum stuff at home already, that alrite to use on the plant that isnt flowering? 

with the Clones- are you using something to help keep the humidity extra-high around them?

Clones will do best if kept in high humidity for the first 3 or so days once taken

some people use a humidity dome, or an old plastic soda bottle (cut the top or bottom off) or even a huge plastic freezer storage bag (I use bags, place the pot and clone in it)

luck!

Will try the humidity, its been really humid were i am but ill add a dome ontop of 1 n try that way! thanks

Eco oil or Eco neem works well for all plant munching baddies. It won't hurt of the good insects like lady beetles or praying mantis (I need to brag that I have several praying mantis guarding my crop). They are bloody awesome bugs and keep the fungus gnats and white fly adults in check. In fact watching them attach us fucking awesome to see.

Both products are certified organic too. So are praying mantis too. lol.

You need to be vigorous and literally drown the plant. I spray and run the branches through my hands. Like a light one way wank. Get up under the leaves as that's where the eggs are. Both products need re-applying after a few days. It won't kill the bugs instantly but it gives them reverse munchies and they starve to death.

Spray evening out of sun (or when lights are off though).