1st grow - outdoor - Autoflowers & Regular

Really keen to try out autos in more perlite..hopefully get decent weather and get them to actually grow :( this 1 is kinda embarrassing lol

Nah, it's fine.

They both look alright to me.  Don't expect too much from an outdoor auto, you just can't push em to their full potential with outdoor conditions unless you are an expert.  Also, the auto will have a good little stretch for another couple of weeks yet, and look much more impressive.

Looking good mate.

Nah, it's fine.

They both look alright to me.  Don't expect too much from an outdoor auto, you just can't push em to their full potential with outdoor conditions unless you are an expert.  Also, the auto will have a good little stretch for another couple of weeks yet, and look much more impressive.

Im really hoping so, hopefully with good weather and a better medium can get abit more out of em! 

Are these in a shed or 100% outdoors?

I leave mine outdoors, never bring it inside.

Outdoors but i put em undercover when its rainy/at night incase of rain 

Weather in sydney has been so bad the last few weeks ive had to try chase the sun n move them around when the storms hit every day haha

Outdoors but i put em undercover when its rainy/at night incase of rain 

Weather in sydney has been so bad the last few weeks ive had to try chase the sun n move them around when the storms hit every day haha

Ah ok.

I'm in Adelaide and so it may have been more sunnier where I am compared to yours, hence why mine is slightly bigger.

I chase the sun a bit as well, it would be getting about 11.5 hrs of direct sunlight a day at the moment where I have it.

Going well Zeeibi, I am also trying autos for the first time..

One thing I have learnt from my grow is to keep your pots big and their roots cool. . I have 2 in the bush in 20L buckets and another at home in a 2L pot. All are the same age and in the same mix, but the buckets are doing so much better.

Those couple of 40 degree days we had practically cooked the smaller pots roots, and ever since then she hasn't grown bugger all.

post-54300-0-80468500-1418065792_thumb.jpgpost-54300-0-24491600-1418066063_thumb.jpg

The one in the right side is the same strain as my stunted one..

Nitrosol is probably the best general purpose off the shelf fertiliser you can buy. It is well balanced with almost equal N and K so is good for the entire grow including flowering. I have been using it for the first time this year on a hibiscus tree and it is pumping out new buds and flowers like I have never seen before.

Maybe try half strength instead of 1/4 or up your feeding at 1/4 strength to once a week.

Edited by wannagrowbuds
  • Upvote 1

Ah ok.

I'm in Adelaide and so it may have been more sunnier where I am compared to yours, hence why mine is slightly bigger.

I chase the sun a bit as well, it would be getting about 11.5 hrs of direct sunlight a day at the moment where I have it.

yeah probly! its all bout that direct sun haha

Going well Zeeibi, I am also trying autos for the first time..

One thing I have learnt from my grow is to keep your pots big and their roots cool. . I have 2 in the bush in 20L buckets and another at home in a 2L pot. All are the same age and in the same mix, but the buckets are doing so much better.

Those couple of 40 degree days we had practically cooked the smaller pots roots, and ever since then she hasn't grown bugger all.

attachicon.gifpost-54300-0-44535400-1417948624.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0321.JPG

The one in the right side is the same strain as my stunted one..

urs look nice n bushy tho haha mines like a tall stick! Defs gna make sure i keep their roots cooler when i plant another 2, will see if i have any white paint n pain the outside of the pot also! 

Nitrosol is probably the best general purpose off the shelf fertiliser you can buy. It is well balanced with almost equal N and K so is good for the entire grow including flowering. I have been using it for the first time this year on a hibiscus tree and it is pumping out new buds and flowers like I have never seen before.

Maybe try half strength instead of 1/4 or up your feeding at 1/4 strength to once a week.

Ah thats good news then! Will try uping the dose n see how it growss thanks mate!

UPDATE TIME

Chronic is now getting 10ml seasol or 10ml seasol+10ml nitrosol in 4L water every 3-4 days and so far so good. Before i feed i flush with about 4L of water first. Is giving seasol every feed too much or no harm done by it? Also should i be rotating between nutes and no nutes the way im doing it or just give nutes each time since its 1/4 strength? 

The LST on the chronic is going really well, the lower branchs are growing really tall i keep having to tie them down also. 

Amnesia is getting 10ml seasol+10ml nitrol in 4L water every 3-4 days also with no issues. 

I added a layer of perlite to the chronic pot because i saw these tiny black bugs all over the soil..next day the lil tiny cunts were crawling all over the perlite too? I sprayed them with hydrogen peroxide/water/dishsoap n they seem to have disappeared but not really sure what they are cant identify them.

Planted 2 more amnesia autos in a mix of roughly 80% perlite and 20% soil as i wanted to try a lighter mix so gonna see how this works compared to the other autoflower in 50/50 mix.  

post-53426-0-61058900-1418797867_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-54937400-1418797879_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-35315600-1418797891_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-27515200-1418797905_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-00865300-1418797919_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-14251200-1418797929_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-91704700-1418797940_thumb.jpg