Colombian Black - Bastard Series

Cheers Itchy.

These are on week 3 of 12/12. They are showing no signs of flowering yet.

I had planned on keeping them in these small pots (2.8L) but since they are growing so much it would be a shame to restrict them and I'll prob end up watering twice a day if left in those pots.

gallery_15017_1416_692476.jpg

gallery_15017_1416_212841.jpg

gallery_15017_1416_818602.jpg

gallery_15017_1416_613040.jpg

• Upvote 3

Cheers RickShaw, yeah I feel like I'm in the deep end but just managing to tread water without panicking (only just lol ).

Both of the Colombian bastards have started flowering at around 5 weeks maybe a couple of days earlier. The one on the left (#1) is looking pretty droopy and I'm hoping it's just from badly needing a repot. It also has grown above where it is being lit directly from the globe which doesn't help. #2 is probably suffering less as it's just the one branch so has half the leaf mass of the other one or less. So I will repot at some point lol hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hoping that these don't go more than 10 or 11 weeks from this point. You should be able to tell the Colombian bastards apart from the other plants.

gallery_15017_1416_53066.jpg

• Upvote 4

#2 is now 1.2m from the top of the medium. I imagine it would be monstrous if it still wasn't constricted in the 1.8L pot. I plan on repotting this one very soon before it droops like the other one. #1 has been repotted into an 8L pot and looks much better. It was very rootbound.

gallery_15017_1416_730686.jpg

• Upvote 5

I repotted #1 again and it is now in a 35L pot. It filled the 8L pot pretty quick and I could tell there would be no point trying to leave it in that pot. It looked like it had started flowering about 3 weeks ago but it has just kept stretching and hasn't really started flowering properly. It is at around 8 weeks now.

#2 is still stuck in the small pot because I ran out of Canna Terra. Not sure yet if I will buy more or recycle some when I harvest. It has started flowering properly and I will get a photo of that one soon.

gallery_15017_1416_864468.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ahhh, the joys of indoor sativa's.  Can be a long drawn out pain in the arse, but I reckon it'll be worth it in the end.  Looking forward to seeing how they end up.

What's your max height you can let them get to?

Max height is at least 1.8m but I will train this one tonight or very soon and hopefully manage to not snap it.

I bent the taller branch on #1 and of course I snapped it :doh: The leaves haven't drooped yet which is a good sign but it is a very open wound with not much connecting tissue left.

#2 is still in the small pot and the main stem is like a wire. The pics are of #2, #1 still isn't really producing pistils but the number of leaf fingers are reducing.

gallery_15017_1416_813930.jpg

gallery_15017_1416_260542.jpg

gallery_15017_1416_943922.jpg