guerrilla grow nsw

I've decided to plant out my organic mix pet in a different location tomorrow morning..

I used the same strain there last season with success, bloody good smoko too. Not sure of the breed but definitely an indica dominant with a flowering period of around 8 weeks.. NE aspect with ocean views as well , lol

She's come along pretty good, but a little droopy from today's rain..post-54300-0-29853300-1414837459_thumb.jpg

Beautiful morning today, perfect introduction for my baby girl.. Dug in and mulched up, ready to go.

A little concerned about the mesh, I gave it a spray paint yesterday but still has that new sheen, hopefully the salt air will dull it up in no time..post-54300-0-60498900-1414871336_thumb.jpgpost-54300-0-39110300-1414871732_thumb.jpg

post-54300-0-10444300-1414871430_thumb.jpg

Edited by pertwee

I decided to give it another water today, havent had too much rain lately.. 

ppost-54300-0-79256700-1415440242_thumb.jpg

post-54300-0-97217300-1415440916_thumb.jpg

It seems to be coming along well although an attempt to try fimming looks like it failed.

post-54300-0-72682000-1415440458_thumb.jpg

Closer inspection to the tip looks as though the shock may have turned it hermie, does that look like a banana in there ?

I have had a few go hermie from this strain.

post-54300-0-49598200-1415440777_thumb.jpg

thoughts?

Went to my other plot this morning, carried in some mulch and my hydrosyph self watering bags..

post-54300-0-27800400-1415478734_thumb.jpg

Things arent looking too bad apart from the fact most have started to flower, on positive note 5 out of 6 are confirmed female  :yahoo: ..

post-54300-0-73024600-1415478878_thumb.jpg

Both of my OG's are female and by far the most advanced..post-54300-0-97091400-1415478999_thumb.jpg

post-54300-0-27997100-1415479142_thumb.jpg

Should be interesting to see how these Hydrosyphs actually work, they hold 10 litres of water and can last up to 8 weeks depending on conditions..

post-54300-0-01305000-1415479243_thumb.jpg

They stand out a fair bit, but a came up with an idea.. :idea:

post-54300-0-52173300-1415479308_thumb.jpg 

give it a spray with some glue,  and flick a bit of sand over it..

post-54300-0-78730300-1415479440_thumb.jpg

I finished with some dead veg over the top, lets see how it weathers...

Love an outdoor grow.  Plants are looking good, and some nice variety.

You might find those cages to be a bit small when the plants get bigger and start branching out.  They won't be able to spread out fully, and anything that pokes through will get eaten by roos.

Not familiar with those hydrosyph irrigation systems, but I've seen variations.  Only thing I'd be worried about is the temperature that your water could get to in a black bag in the sun.  Is there anything in the instructions about keeping them out of direct sunlight?  I'd be looking to cover them properly with foliage or mulch, or maybe even burying the bags, cause they look a lot like solar camping shower bags and they can make some pretty hot water.

Keep up the good work

Love an outdoor grow.  Plants are looking good, and some nice variety.

You might find those cages to be a bit small when the plants get bigger and start branching out.  They won't be able to spread out fully, and anything that pokes through will get eaten by roos.

Not familiar with those hydrosyph irrigation systems, but I've seen variations.  Only thing I'd be worried about is the temperature that your water could get to in a black bag in the sun.  Is there anything in the instructions about keeping them out of direct sunlight?  I'd be looking to cover them properly with foliage or mulch, or maybe even burying the bags, cause they look a lot like solar camping shower bags and they can make some pretty hot water.

Keep up the good work

Thanks mate, hopefully everything turns out well next year.. 

I have a few options with my cages... I could leave them as they are and let the plants grow through them ( the finer internal cage will remove) and risk getting a trim up by the wallabies  and rabbits, or I could carry in more equipment and make the cages bigger and potentially have them easily spotted from the sky. I am bottling my urine at the location every time I visit, save it for later when its needed, I could possibly run some wire out wider for extra measure..  

What are your thoughts? This is my first decent grow in Aussie, so its gonna be a bit of a learning curve along the way I feel..

As for the hydrosyph's, judging by the way they work, I don't think heat will be an issue. I do agree I could give the bags a bit more cover though, always in a rush when Im there lol.. The tube has a cloth wick inside it witch absorbs the moisture through, so it doesn't directly water the plant so to speak.

I have one set up here at home, it doesn't look like its doing much as you only see condensation in the tube. However there is a considerable difference in soil moisture compared with other areas in the garden, so things are looking good..

does anyone know of an organic nute I could mix with the water? Most ive seen have to be used within 24hrs..

Others are possibly better informed on stuff being spotted from choppers as they aren't much of an issue where I am, but the basics are to avoid concentric or geometric shapes, and straight lines as much as possible, so in some ways the smaller circles might stand out more than something a bit larger.  In the end you need to work with your own situation.  What I try to do with fencing whenever possible is to work it into the vegetation around the edge of the plot and clear inside, if that makes sense.  I go roughly square with the fencing, but try to break up the shape of the outline of the clearing, and have started erring towards smaller plots, but this works well for the bush where I'm growing.  Learning curve is a way of gaining experience, and that's worth it's weight in gold, keep at it and you'll work out what works for you soon enough.  Losing a little bit of foliage to roos ain't the end of the world, but you want to try and avoid letting them get a taste for it, cause lets face it roos aren't all that bothered by fencing if it gets in their way.