First outdoor grow(auto & reg) - need advice!

My Understanding is that seedlings need to be moist (not wet) in order for them to establish a root system especially in the first week or two. Have you tested how damp the soil is? If its a big pot you should not need to get to close to the new gal when testing the soil. I am no expert on Auto's, mine are doing Ok, but there is a fair bit of good luck involved. Mine were nearly a week before the pot dried out and they needed more water.

I didnt give too big of a watering when i initially planted the seed because i was scared haha, i went and put some water around the seedling in about a 2cm radius from the stem, hopefully enuff to encourage the roots to get that water n not soak the lil girl

Will check soil later tonight to feel if its moist or not on the edges of the pot

Hey guys, i watered my plant yesterday with about 4-5L of water(tap, ph is 6.9)

Hadnt watered it in about a week as the pot felt quite heavy, after the watering i didnt get that much run off and today the tips of some of the leaves are turning a dark brownish color..

Should i flush it wish more water and ensure run off?  

Its also been extremely hot in sydney with temps over 30 degrees the past few days and its been getting full sun daily, could it be heat stress?  

I also started LST on it yesterday as its been healthy and happy and ready for it, now this has happened :/ should i continue the lst? 

Ive also been spraying with with some hydrogen peroxide diluted to try get rid of the white flies >.< 

post-53426-0-51346100-1414822699_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-92700200-1414822703_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-22550700-1414822716_thumb.jpg

post-53426-0-63685200-1414822726_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeeibi21

I am not a expert on this by any means but they look like they may have a bit of Nute burn? When I water I have always enured that I don't stop until I have runoff. We have had a mixture of quite hot(last weekend) and then really stormy over wed thurs. During the heat which was mid 30's here I watered till run off 2 days in a row as they were so dry but then haven't had to for a few days over the stormy weather. Mine seemed to thrive on the heat and should have some updated pics soon.

I have used LST before as well as snapping the branches(HST?) but can't ever remember getting brown tips from it. 

I am not a expert on this by any means but they look like they may have a bit of Nute burn? When I water I have always enured that I don't stop until I have runoff. We have had a mixture of quite hot(last weekend) and then really stormy over wed thurs. During the heat which was mid 30's here I watered till run off 2 days in a row as they were so dry but then haven't had to for a few days over the stormy weather. Mine seemed to thrive on the heat and should have some updated pics soon.

I have used LST before as well as snapping the branches(HST?) but can't ever remember getting brown tips from it. 

Hmm interesting, i might give em a proper flush later today as its gna be quite warm again

Might be the excess heat making the plant take up extra water leaving salts behind in the medium.

The flush you gave em woulda helped, just next time to mercury is set to soar remember to feed them at lower doses of nutes.

Didnt give em a proper flush as there was hardly any run off really, n when i gave them the seasol it was at 1/4 strength 

Overnight it has grown / turned facing upwards again quite quickly to the point that its above all the other nodes again..from this point do i leave it abit and then tie it down again towards another direction of the pot ? 

If it was a standard dope plant then I would say don't be too fussy just tie it down because as fast as you do it will pop back up. When I do it, I actually snap the branch/s which forms a knot at the break point providing a supposedly better "channel" for nutrients (have had excellent results with this technique) and will do so with my Early Durban at a later stage in veg however when it comes to these Auto's I would be concerned about recovery time and the amount of stress the plant can actually take so maybe its the old "less is more approach" 

If it was a standard dope plant then I would say don't be too fussy just tie it down because as fast as you do it will pop back up. When I do it, I actually snap the branch/s which forms a knot at the break point providing a supposedly better "channel" for nutrients (have had excellent results with this technique) and will do so with my Early Durban at a later stage in veg however when it comes to these Auto's I would be concerned about recovery time and the amount of stress the plant can actually take so maybe its the old "less is more approach" 

This is 1 my regular dope plant haha i think ive probly confused people due to me killing my first autos n 1 of my regular plants

my auto is still tiny n i dnt think im gna touch them, planted 1 amnesia haze auto and its bout 3 days old, when it gets to 2 wks old if everything is looking good i will plant the 2nd one cheese candy auto

Im too pussy to snap anything haha dnt wanna kill any more plants ill jst leave it how it is n see how it goes after a proper flushing 

Edited by zeeibi21