First outdoor grow(auto & reg) - need advice!

by old pots i ment from the autoflowers pots that died(as in the pics), that soil is yates potting mix with dynamic lifter and perlite 50:50 ratio, i set that up about a week before planting the autos so its fairly new..

my regular plant is in that same mix also, i think its a pretty decent medium from what ive read around here a fair few users have had good grows with it?

I think i need to do myself a favor and throw away my little spray bottle, will update here in a week or so on how that plant is doing and if the autoflower i planted 2 days ago sprouts..

prey for me! haha

Most off the shelf mixes for vegetables contain too much fertiliser for raising seeds, they are designed for planting established seedlings into. Try raising then in a small pot of seed raising mix, or dig a well in your good soil and fill that with seed raising mix before planting.

I dug a well into that soil n filled it with seed raising mix :(

this has to be either that i over watered the seedlings that died after just sprouting by being trigger happy wit the spray gun, or that something was in my rain water reservoir and that has ruined the soil, so that wen i added some of that soil ontop of my little seedling it caught the disease n died... the investigation continues. 

I Had replanted another amnesia auto into that same pot/seedling soil on sunday n hvnt touched it since, if this one dies also i know its not from over watering n its from something in the soil or water

I killed my first attempt by keeping it too wet. You see it wilt and automatically think it needs more water. It only made it to its first set of leaves and when I pulled it after it died the tap root was only about 10mm long. That helped me understand that when the root/s are developing it is easy to drown them. Edited by wannagrowbuds

I killed my first attempt by keeping it too wet. You see it wilt and automatically think it needs more water. It only made it to its first set of leaves and when I pulled it after it died the tap root was only about 10mm long. That helped me understand that when the root/s are developing it is easy to drown them.

I have to admit i was very trigger happy with the spray gun on my auto seeds..ive learnt now :( 

Did u have to change ur soil or anything after that happened? Is damping off a disease that ruins the soil or is the disease something that just occurs simply from keeping the soil too moist? 

My attempt was in a jiffy pellet. My next batch have just gone into soil after being soaked in water for 24 hours (that is how long they took for the white root tip to show). These ones are in a seed raising mix which is in a hollow in an organic mix I have made up.

The way I understand damping off is that it is basically just rot which affects the plant, not the actual soil.

Edited by wannagrowbuds

My attempt was in a jiffy pellet. My next batch have just gone into soil after being soaked in water for 24 hours (that is how long they took for the white root tip to show). These ones are in a seed raising mix which is in a hollow in an organic mix I have made up.

The way I understand damping off is that it is basically just rot which affects the plant, not the actual soil.

Hope so, ive pretty much done the exact same as u with my replacement auto seed except the taproot wasnt showing i jst soaked it for 24hrs n put it in the soil

fingers crossed for both of us to get past the seedling stage n enjoy the growing experience haha

my amnesia auto seedling has popped! my 20L pot looks dry as hell but im too scared to give it water now haha =[
Ive got it in the shade, hoping to not dry it out or give it too much sunlight too soon. 

When is it recommended to give the next watering once the seedling emerges?

Edited by zeeibi21

My Understanding is that seedlings need to be moist (not wet) in order for them to establish a root system especially in the first week or two. Have you tested how damp the soil is? If its a big pot you should not need to get to close to the new gal when testing the soil. I am no expert on Auto's, mine are doing Ok, but there is a fair bit of good luck involved. Mine were nearly a week before the pot dried out and they needed more water.