MJ Strain for MND and Dosage

Melbgrk67

Question

Hi All,

Great site a lot of useful information on here.

Need some help please.

My father has just been disagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (Called ALS and Lou Gehrig's Disease in US) at age of 82.

Doctors have diagnosed it based on a subjective Nerve Conduction Scan (test nerve responses in 8 muscle groups on body).

Have given him standard answer of based on progression (speech and swallowing atm) no more than 2 years left to live. Nothing more they can do.

Getting second opinion shortly but doesnt look good.

I want to give him a cannabis oil but dont know the THC/CDB ratio to use and also what strain of marijuana to use. I'm guessing a indica strain to minimise any physchedelic effect ;)

Any advice appreciated :)

Melbgrk67 .....

Btw does anyone know how Dr Katelaris in sydney, australia prepares his cannabis oils. Im wiling to try only i dont know how to source the raw material.

Cheers,

Melbgrk67 ....

It was actually on the ABC 7:30 show this week, showing how he makes it. See if you can find it on iView. Basically he heated buds in olive oil at 50 degrees Celsius for 12 hours.

It was actually on the ABC 7:30 show this week, showing how he makes it. See if you can find it on iView. Basically he heated buds in olive oil at 50 degrees Celsius for 12 hours.

Hi wannagrowbuds,

Thank you for feedback. Yeah I saw the 7:30 episode as well. It was mentioned in the episode that the oil was prepared with a SECRET recipe (whatever that means). I saw the olive oil too and heard 12 hours in a rice cooker at 50 degrees. I think he uses different methods depending on who he is making for and what dosage/strength. At this stage I dont have much to go on on whether anyone out there is trying to use cannabis to assist Motor Neurone Disease sufferers.

Cheers,

Melbgrk67 ....

ingest 1hr before bedtime, the "high" will (should) wear off by morning

as his body become more used to the thc -which will build up in his system overtime

you maybe able to increase the frequency of the pill/oil/etc without too much stone/high

also ingesting cannabis produces a completely different 'high' to that of smoking/vaping 

ingest 1hr before bedtime, the "high" will (should) wear off by morning

as his body become more used to the thc -which will build up in his system overtime

you maybe able to increase the frequency of the pill/oil/etc without too much stone/high

also ingesting cannabis produces a completely different 'high' to that of smoking/vaping 

Hi Matanuska Thunder,

Thanks very muck for feedback and suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

Melbgrk67 ....

After some quick googling it seems that there has been limited research into using cannabis for MND or ALS. The research that has been done is in into the positive effects of THC, which obviously entails getting high.

Yeah I have a link in a previous quote linking to a study done with mice. Its from the site link "http://www.alsuntangled.com/completed.html" with reviews on different treatments that may or may not be beneficial for ALS sufferers.