elemental day and night fan speed controller?

staunch_1

Yer I was looking at a thermostat at first but went the fan speed controller way.here is a link naycha http://www.elemental-controls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67:daynight-fan-speed-control&catid=37:products&Itemid=165

That there main site and it says on there the fans adjust in speed not completely shut off.I'm looking at a complete fresh air vent in ever 15mins which I cant see working to well.if you ask me they are the same setup as the titan mercury 3 fan speed controller just the Aussie version.only reason I got it is because it said it would slow or speed up fan not completely shut off

Hay staunch I followed the link and read the tutorial such as it is, all I can see that may be wrong is that it appears to be important that you have the 2 dials set to max or min befor you plug it in and then adjust it. I'll bet it is a chinese made copy and so it is probably very touchy.

The tute doesn't go into much detail.

Best of luck with it mate.

Tangwena

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the info tangwena.yer mate there isn't much on there site about it at all.I got 1 little piece of papers with instructions on it but it doesn't really go into detail to much.I'm hopeing to try and find someone that is using one to give me a def answer and I'll have alittle play with it today.seller has no problem refunding my money which is good.I'll try and post the instruction diagram and see what you guys think.think I might have to go the smscom pro duel socket temp controller.

Hi Staunch my understanding of the chinese to English instructions are; if I understand correctly, is the unit needs to be plugged into power supply and the settings set within 5 secs, but it may need you to do it twice, ie unplug it and set it twice once for cooling and once again for heating, what are you setting each time? The upper and lower limits of cooling and heating? I install air cons and Daikin the piece of shit they have become has no reset buton on their signal wireing if you have to clear a fault memory you have to physical disconnect the data wires then reconnect them. 

Really stoneage gear but they work if you can get your head around the lack of detailed instructions as with your timer, try doing what I suggested it may work, you have nothing to loose by the sounds of it.

Tangwena

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the info tangwena I tried both methods and it does change from cooling to heating I'm pretty sure.as I said it didnt come with to much info instructions wise.I didnt try reseting it both ways then trying.shit that sounds like a big bugger around with the daikin systems.if it still shuts down I will have to send it back.can you reccomend any fan speed temp controllers.the only decent one I can find is SMSCOM twin temp fan speed controller.all others arent aus standard.