Flowering, leaves shrivelling! HELP!

simonH

sweet will invest in one. never quite understood what they were for though, if instructions say 10mL per L of water, whats the EC for?

The manufacturers instructions are a guide line  but do you know what the starting point is for ur water?? it can vary greatly from location to location, so EC meter lets u fine tune ur nutes to ur water supply.

Also an ec pen allows u to catch ur run off and monitor for any possible toxic salt build up ,( which will be unlikely to occur if ur feeding twice a day with 20% run off) but if you check ur run off u will know wats goin on

cheers

Edited by spider_b

sweet will invest in one. never quite understood what they were for though, if instructions say 10mL per L of water, whats the EC for?

You didn't read the instructions properly, it's 10mL per L with no other nutrients.

I would recommend in future only using 1-2mL per L and then adding regular nutrients to reach your desired EC.

EC is a useful measure for having a reference point to what level of salts your plant can handle. eg if you were using an ec meter you should have realised that the ec of your mixture was too high before you used it.

Aside from that I think you added the pk booster too early which will have a negative effect compared to if you added it at the right time.

Don't make the mistake of thinking the more nutrients you mix into the water the more buds you will get. A slightly underfed plant will outperform an overfed plant any day imo.

Naycha :peace:

... The instructions said 1-2mL with normal feed, or 10mL per L of water for a week with no other nutrients. I added about 10Ml/Litre with the other nutrients... I suspect I have given too much...

No mystery... you gave 10ml/L when you should have given 1ml/L...

The damage that has been done is permanent, but the plant should recover if given appropriate strength nutrients. Don't cut leaves or damaged flowers, it may make it look nicer to you, but it wont help the plant at all.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys.  Ill give low strength nutes and hopefully they will recover! Lesson learned. Its been flowering for about 3-4 weeks so thought a good time to start adding pK. Last grow, I used Canna PK13/14 and added from as soon as flowers started appearing right to the end, and it was amazing.