Auto Technique: to top or not

be same as any other plant, cut top off and plant will not know it happened but lateral branches will grow more.

if my plants get too tall I snap the branches, not off but snap and fold them down, plant suffers no stress at all and snapped branch curves up again in day or 2.

dope is hard to kill sometimes., snap main stem half way up and as long as you don't break it into 2 pieces it will continue as if nothing happened.

that's great advice for photo period plants, but autoflowering plants need a stress free life imo
  • Upvote 1

This year is my first Auto grow so have made a few errors along the way and topping was one of the first I made.

These two auto's were germinated at the same time, both plants now about 70 days(approx)

This one I topped,

post-52663-0-74886500-1417096462_thumb.jpg

This one I didn't

post-52663-0-77910300-1417096370_thumb.jpg

Says it all for me, I don't think there are really any more bud sites on the topped one, if there are, they are so small as to not really count.

• Upvote 1