Seedlings looking unhealthy...

barry

First of all, hello!

I've been reading a ton on here, so much excellent info :)

Things were going OK with my first grow... until I moved the grow tent into the garage...

Was inside in a 26ish deg room, which was resulting in temps under light of 32-35 during lights on (overnight). Turns out that was the hottest room in the house, not good. Decided to move it all outside to the garage, however even during lights on the canopy temp gets down to about 14deg overnight.

The details...

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor ... started in the house in real sunlight, before moving into 1.2x1.2x2 tent also in the house. Moved the tent to the garage as of 2.5 days ago
Growing Medium: Potting Mix
Growing Style: Soil
Watering/Feeding Frequency: 25-50ml water per plant, every 1-2 days
Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): N/A
PH Levels: Unknown
Temperature/Humidity Levels: First 2.5 weeks 25-35 deg / 30%; last few days 14-22 deg / 30-35%
Air Flow/Fans etc.: 150mm Can Fan extractor + Carbon Filter, 400mm Cool Tube w/150mm extractor (dedicated intake and exhaust, separate to tent ventilation). Also, small fan blowing directly on plants.
Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): Dual Spectrum HPS (bulb approx 12 inches above plants)
Total Wattage: 600W
Growth Stage: Seedling
Plants Age: 3 weeks
Cannabis Strain: Unknown

Plant 1...
The real leaves have looked defective from the start, the seed pod was / is stuck to one of the cotyledons and I think this may have disrupted the real leaf development somehow. The leaves are now starting to turn a little white as you can see...

post-54839-0-15571200-1409918596_thumb.jpg

Plant 2...
As you can see, the leaves don't look so bad on this one, shape wise... but the ghastly white colour has me worried, it's worse on this one.

post-54839-0-45712200-1409918690_thumb.jpg

Stem shot...

post-54839-0-05928400-1409918748_thumb.jpg

Looking for some advice here, really concerned about them! I've brought them out of the tent and back into the house in to the warmer conditions ... not sure if this is going to totally screw them and if I should just persist with them in the tent in the shed...

Once these are into the veg stage, I will move them into a mix of coco / perlite, in a 2 pot recirc drip system.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Barry

Brick & billygoat info is good. Get a quality PH tester not a cheap bunnings job, those are inaccurate.

Did you germinate in the potting mix?

At that very early stage, I would still have them in Jiffy's or proper seed raising mix.

Commercial potting mixes are not ideal  for seedlings and that one looks full of bark.

Best of luck and hope they pull through for you.

Edited by Husky

Thanks for your replies!

Hi mate,

What sort of potting mix ?

And you need to know the ph level.

They also need to be fed unless the potting mix is doing that.....

Potting mix is - PotMate 25L Debco Premium Potting Mix

Haven't checked the pH (don't have a soil tester, only a liquid one)

..and no nutes yet, I have some but was waiting till they grew a little more.

I think they may be too wet. Let them dry out first and feed less until they have come back. To much water = lockout of nutes.

I've been watering them as little as possible - once every day or 2, but after chatting to merl1n and nouse last night it sounds like the HID is too much too soon... Plus the potting mix is shit :(

Hi Barry

Brick & billygoat info is good. Get a quality PH tester not a cheap bunnings job, those are inaccurate.

Did you germinate in the potting mix?

At that very early stage, I would still have them in Jiffy's or proper seed raising mix.

Commercial potting mixes are not ideal  for seedlings and that one looks full of bark.

Best of luck and hope they pull through for you.

I'll suss out a proper soil pH tester from my LHS, guessing they will have some options.

I germinated in paper towel between two plates. I now realise I was too hasty and got them into the wrong type of soil. You're right, it does have heaps of bark in it :(

These are to go into a recirc drip system, which was an afterthought, so now based on advice thinking I will get them out of this crap soil into straight perlite (layer of clayballs in base) so I can start them in the system... If I can bring them back from the brink!