Cannabis Friendly Doctors

Vapechef

Question

I'm sorry that you took my disagreement with your statement as bullying. Disagreements and differences of opinion are inevitable and you shouldn't feel bullied if you are on the receiving end.

I know of a GP in Victoria who prescribed medical cannabis.....

Perhaps if you had used the word 'recommended' or 'supported' instead of the word 'prescribed' I wouldn't have disagreed and you wouldn't have felt bullied. The word 'prescribed' has particular implications and was used incorrectly in this instance.

The link you posted is faulty so I can't respond to that apart from saying the media probably had it's own ulterior motives for using the word 'prescribing' (ie. selling news).

I hope that helps a bit.

Naycha :peace:

Perhaps if you had used the word 'recommended' or 'supported' instead of the word 'prescribed' I wouldn't have disagreed and you wouldn't have felt bullied.

Well, that's quite difficult with you Naycha. 'A GP who referenced a supplier of medical cannabis' That's clearly what I meant. Just to clarify, my calling you out as a bully isn't exclusive to that post, you've been doing it in chat and everywhere else applicable. You're constantly poking at the negatives. You know my circumstance, you tell me I have no hope as in your words 'cannabis is a drug too' in reference to my rotation of prescription medications in the past. You've constantly been trying to put me down and it's not nice, it's not cool and I really don't need it right now, especially not from a moderator. You don't cut off a cliffhangers support rope because you think 'they're going to fall anyway'.

Edited by romerus

Well, that's quite difficult with you Naycha. 'A GP who referenced a supplier of medical cannabis' That's clearly what I meant. Just to clarify, my calling you out as a bully isn't exclusive to that post, you've been doing it in chat and everywhere else applicable. You're constantly poking at the negatives. You know my circumstance, you tell me I have no hope as in your words 'cannabis is a drug too' in reference to my rotation of prescription medications in the past. You've constantly been trying to put me down and it's not nice, it's not cool and I really don't need it right now, especially not from a moderator. You don't cut off a cliffhangers support rope because you think 'they're going to fall anyway'.

In response to the only part of your comment that is relevant to this thread (no hijacking please).

Your idea and my idea of 'a supplier of medical Cannabis' may differ.

While Cannabis has medical applications I don't believe there are suppliers of medical Cannabis in Australia as such. There are suppliers of Cannabis and people who use it for medical purposes.

The reason I respond in this way is because language is important to me, particularly the language used in the medical Cannabis debate. Taking care in the language used to support our arguments can go a long way towards helping others be more sympathetic to our point of view. Poor use of language can lead others to think that we don't know what we are talking about, or even worse that we are being intentionally misleading.

None of this may be important to you and that point of view is no less and no more valid than mine.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1

The reason I respond in this way is because language is important to me, particularly the language used in the medical Cannabis debate. 

To the relevant part of the argument then, I understand the need to take care of the language used in cannabis debate, I respect that, so would it not be more appropriate to say something such as 'Did you mean supported?' rather than jumping to conclusions and saying  'I smell  :crap:'. 

Well I do apologize for my lack of knowing the correct terminology. I knew the patient, he showed me the cannabis he received to manage the pain, seeing me in shock, I remember him telling me 'they can prescribe it for people in my situation'. Point here was; there will always be doctors pushing boundaries to provide for those truly in need. Let's keep it there. :)

• Upvote 1

I have meet sympathetic doctors and had talks with them about trying cannabis.

Years ago at a after party I was sharing a joint with one of the younger GP's in town. Ever seen the BBC show Hamish Macbeth, he's a copper in one cop town that has sessions with the GP , funny stuff. Life is stranger than fiction my friend.

Aye Hamish....e's a stoner :bongon:  The man before the man before him wasn't but. did you hear?

It would be nice to be able to speak openly and candidly re my personal cannabis consumption with my gp.  Thing is, they gotta stop being afraid of the Med ass.  AMA or whatever cos they gotta be owned in most of the nations by big pharma :doh: ... Being able to do this would enhance my own healing heaps I reckon.  Its strange, I speak with my mum and cousins and stuff in California,Oregon and Washington and then look at us here and  I just ask why?  I mean, we know why but-???...back on topic ;) I don't know of any but I am subtly looking.  Be better if one was able to prescribe legally and without fear. 

All good things

Faith :sun:

• Upvote 1