Hey guys,

I've been looking around for some time now doing research on cfl light fittings for grows. I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to buy easy cheap and efficient fittings such as those 2 socket Y shaped fittings the US have. If anyone has knowledge or experience on this topic as to where I could buy some of these bad boys similar to the US ones (cheap effective and easy cfl fittings - up to 80 watts) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time gang

go to bunnings and buy extention cords and baonet lampholders!! cut off plug and wire into the lamp holder!!

those holders are for the E40 like the 80watt phillips!!

you can get 45watt cfl off ebay that can go into the baonet type in bunnings or you will need the edison attachment!!

look at my post in building and construction i made a home made refector with 4 45watt cfls!! they where screwin type so i had to buy attachments!!

Edited by Hobbes

go to bunnings and buy extention cords and baonet lampholders!! cut off plug and wire into the lamp holder!!

those holders are for the E40 like the 80watt phillips!!

you can get 45watt cfl off ebay that can go into the baonet type in bunnings or you will need the edison attachment!!

look at my post in building and construction i made a home made refector with 4 45watt cfls!! they where screwin type so i had to buy attachments!!

Thanks for your help Hobbes, that's a dope set up. Would love if you could put out a proper tutorial on how to do it, would definitely give it a go.

Plenty of cheap E27 ones on eBay, you can get like 5 delivered from China for $8 or something.

But yeah, ultra cheap and electrical isn't really a good marriage, if you get my meaning.

Thanks for your help guys, I've had a look around and settled on a few good ones which I'll be getting. Better safe than sorry, you're right Pegz.

Brick is correct, they have been banned. This is due to the risk of fire as some get hot enough to ignite.

Because they have been banned by law, insurance companies can void any policy where the device has been in use. Whether the said device was the cause or not.

So be aware, be very aware.

Merl1n