Hyperfan, anyone tried these?

yep ok (when I wrote that message, the ducting had not arrived, so had not run the fan to test it.. its here now)

Got it running in the HB today, and, WOW! what a difference! we cannot hear anything unless you put your ear up to the tent, think we would hear a pin drop over the fan and the Mars Hydro is more noticeabe hahah... (the Hyper is jammed into the tent snuggly with duct, so I guess a theres a LITTLE bit more insulation..) No whining noise at all, and on lowest speed its pulling negative pressure very nicely :)

Going to make up a small box for a T-Splitter, this weekend, can't justify $50 for a T-Joiner and really don't want the 6inch whirling jet engine running for the small tent if not nessecary, as stealth is key for most of us, and will give it all a crack and get back to ya.. Cheers for your opinion.. Now that its running, I definatley can say the Oomph! :P, is there and yes, am thinking there could be a little dialing in to get negative pressure pulling evenly from both

Peace  :egyptdance:

No worries Wobbler.  I was amazed at how much better the 200 was over the 150, and I was already happy with the 150.  But I get good air exchange and fast neg pressure in the big tent with the 200, even on min speed, but I do need to turn it up to maybe 1/4 in hotter weather to deal with the heat from the lights.  Found that turning it up higher than that didn't seem to drop light on temps despite blowing a gale out the outlet, which was clearly audible but only as airflow noise.  So even in early Autumn it's pretty stealthy for me.

If you can get roughly the same draw resistance in both tents it should work fine.  That's why I suggested putting a filter on the outlet end, apart from disseminating the airflow and making it quieter, only having a filter in one tent would make it hard to dial that even resistance level in, if that makes sense.

Best of luck :peace:

Should easily have the oomph, but the tricky bit would be making sure that the restriction on the draw from both sides of the T joiner is even enough to prevent intake happening mainly from one tent over the other, if that makes sense.  So you'd have to make sure you get negative pressure in both tents, and that they were both drawing enough air exchange by monitoring temps/RH in both tents and adjusting inlets etc to get it flowing right.  Should be easy enough, just might take a little bit of pfaffing about.  Maybe that would be a setup where putting the filter at the end of the system could be better, with the added benefit of the filter breaking up the airflow noise at the final outlet.  Will be keen to hear how you go with it.

Hey mate, update for you and the crew... a y-duct joiner worked.... made the duct for the smaller tent running no filter 4m long, bending and so on, then the other piece is only about 1m long and straight and taught. Both tents have neg pressure and are cooling as cool as they can be in this stinking hot dry spell we have :D

originally startewr with both duct the same length, and you were right, it was hard to get the pressure reasonably equal. So just the extra length and bends to slow the airflow down on the small tent works well enough. 

Both tents are drawing air passively btw ;)

Hyperfan Silenced 200mm - Well worth it!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Hyper fans pretty loud if you need to be stealth as possible. I was able to hear it outside the apartment. Even on a low speed there was still a audible hum. I was told bearing fans tent to do that at low speeds and when run consistently on low speed it will effect the bearing and get louder (just been told this im not a expert) ended up getting a mix flow fan 6".

Sound is now very quiet. Closed door and I cant hear it in the next room. Im not running a muffler/silencer. Fan was $150 on ebay locally. As a guide hyper fans run at about 70db. This mix flow runs at 32db.

Cheers hope that helps someone

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L02 using OZ Stoners mobile app

bought 2  6inch's and they are loud as fuck..... not the air movment, but the whine from the motors, thought they were duds, took them back to the store and thier other hyperfans hum aswell. 

Thier saving grace is the speed controls and the torque/power of their motors, even on the lowest speed setting they still have the toque to pull/push through a shitload of duct, hood and filter and still keep neg pressure or any signs of strain on the fan motor, they supposedly have larger and tougher bearings than most other fans. Thier CFM rating is no joke also.

0:33 in the video, that's the hum I'm talking about(when it's first turned on and speeding up), its very loud on the 6inch's maybe not so much on the 10s, the 6 inches definitely all do it, we pulled several brand new ones from their boxes at the store and every one made the same hum. When the fans are at around 50% and above the noise from air movment is louder than the hum but at low speeds the hum is a little cray cray(on the 6inch anyway).

Forgot to add that these have a 5 yr warranty and i have literally not been able to find one report of these fans failing or poor performance. you don't put a 5yr warranty on something unless you have some faith in it.

Edited by Xanode

I agree, its only on the little 6 inchs... Hence the reason for upgrading to an 8"..... As I said, not a single hum with my unit :) Also, with the 8inch, it can be run at minumum speed with my set up, where as the 6 inch had to be cranked upto about 75% to get negative pressure ;)

Edited by Qwobbler

Just read thru this thread, i remember one time while looking at fans in particular i looked at the Hyper 150mm and the Silencer 150mm, the Hyper absolutely hauled ass on air movement it was actually so powerful it was fucking loud it was a big turn off for me as at the time i really needed stealth so i also had the shop turn on the Silencer 150mm and it was incredibly quiet, so quiet it fit my use but the price tag at the time didn't

I had a few fan options i was only running a .9x.9m tent with a 400w light, i had a cheap nasty but very powerful 100mm centrifugal fan from Ebay but that thing was so fucking loud on full power i needed to buy a speed controller and i could only reduce it to around 70% power with still a incredible vacuum suck on the tent

i had some modern technology 150mm axle fan designed to run 1CF that worked pretty good but still a little noisy

i had one of those cheap $50 axle fans, i think i was asking for a gold bar from a bucket of shit with that fan, maybe good for moving air around inside a tent or something...

after all the fan's i went thru i just could not beat the 100mm centrifugal fan for power, its nothing like the 250mm centrifugal fan i once owned that could suck the bikini off a brisbane toll maid from a meter away haha

i still think the Silencer fan is a great deal for its price if u can afford one, when i tested it the 150m model would have had to been 27/29db it was so fucking quiet

what we really need is a smart person to engineer a centrifugal fan with the DB rating of one of these Silencer fans maintaining the vacuum suction of a centrifugal fan, i think they have tried in making the mixflow fans which are a combination of centrifugal and axle fans....

i once ran a 100-125mm top of the line back in the day mixflow fan it worked to pull thru a .9x.5m tent and a cool tube plus 150mm filter but it was loud the loud droning noise at all hours was a problem

i haven't tried the Silencer fan in a GR situation but at the shop they seem to be the bomb just the price tag is a bit pricey i thought they would have come down a little over the last couple of years