Mother with Terminal Cancer (Help Please)

sliM

Question

Hi guys,

I am an Australian son to my mother whom has terminal bone cancer, or otherwise known as 2nd degree breast cancer.

My mother has had it twice, first time breast cancer, and now bone. We have tried every legal treatment available,

and luckily due to my mothers healthy lifestlye and diet she has managed to keep somewhat healthy...

Over the years i have dicussed medical marijuanna with her (cannbis oils), and recently she has decided she wants to try

a proper regulated routine rather than face chemo for a third time. My mother is seeing her doctor tomorrow about prescription marijuanna

as we are desperate to try something new that works even if it is temporary. However, i don't know the ins and outs of it being legal in Australia.

If my mother cannot get access to cannbis oils what can i do? I do not wish to see her suffer, and i do not wish to see her suffer more because

of sleep deprivation to the point of being scattered; especially when there are options we can try.

I guess i am here to ask does anybody know another way she can take marijuanna medically if the doctor says no.

If i go on a search how do i know what is closer to medical grade standards of weed?

I don't know what to do, so any advice and guidance would be so much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Brent.

Firstly, Greetings and welcome to Oz Stoners.  :wave:

Cannabis is NOT legal in Australia. Not even for medical use.

If the doctor says no, use it anyway.

Sadly, most doctors are ignorant and still brain washed with the negative propaganja that's been spread over the decades.
I have not even told my current GP that I use canna. I'm sure if I did she would be far less inclined to prescribe some of my meds.

If you (or someone you know) wants to use cannabis, you usually have to buy it on the black market. Or you can do like a lot of folk do and grow your own.
It's incredibly easy if you stick to some basic rules of thumb.

This site is loaded with info on strains, how to grow, how to process your plant once it's grown, how to make oil or other extracts, cooking with canna, and the list just goes on.

Good luck.

:freak:
Len

• Upvote 1

Hey Brent,
Welcome to OS. There is loads of information here so go have a look around.
Sorry to hear of your mothers situation, but I am pleased that you are investigating other options
I too am a medi smoker for a nasty growing in my brain. I have previously informed Dr's of my use of canna as a medication, this was not warmly accepted. In fact was used as a reason for my continuing pain. Although it is listed in my hospital medical file as "Illicit Drug User" I now no longer disclose the fact that I smoke. The AMA (Australian Medical Association) do not support the use of illicit substances and trying to get a GP to publically support such a stance is near on impossible. For example 'speed' or amphetamines are an illicit substance and their use is not supported by the AMA, but if a pharmaceutical company produces the same substance and calls it Ritalin for the treatment of ADHD, this is OK. There are pharma concoctions with THC (Marinol, Sativex) but they contain only one of the active ingredients found in Cannabis and it is my understanding that they have only been approved for the use in Multiple Sclerosis patients, so trying to obtain approval for its use for other ailments/illnesses is near impossible.
There are states in the U.S. that now have laws supporting the use of cannabis for medical purposes and one state that has decriminalised its use for recreation, but this is NOT the case here in Australia. Importation of such substances is highly illegal, so the only way is to grow your own, as Lenore says. Differing strains of canna have differing effects from a mind numbing effect to a full body relaxant and finding a strain with the desired effects can be a 'hit and miss' thing. Here is a link to Cannaversity Strain Guide http://cannaversity.com/strainguide/index.php This may give you some ideas.
There is also pages here regarding Medical Cannabis https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/forum/25-medical-cannabis/ in Here there are guides on how to make oil and other forms of  canna, be that hashish, oil and edibles, all of which have a differing effect. It will be a case of trial and error to receive the most benefit to your mother. But the making of oil is very easy and I have previously made my own using this technique https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/56673-introducing-aho-aussie-hash-oil-the-sunny-method/

As I say, although the use of Cannabis is not supported by the medical profession, if it works, then use it. My recommendation would be to grow your own.
If you have further questions then please ask. Many of the members here will be more than willing to give you any advise we can.

Hope it helps and good luck

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

or simply.. grow cannabis, make oil, cure mother.. or you know.. buy cannabis, make oil, cure mother. its your choice :) if its hydro covered in crystals go for it, i would never trust a name (strain) here in AU.. even the seeds of medical cannabis ive purchased from big name sites are obviously NOT what they are meant too be. dont need anything super strong anyway bower uses cleverman its 9%. good luck and sorry too hear about your mother.

Thanks for the quick response guys.

You can order clones or seeds off the internet in Australia?

If one was to care for a plant, where would you put it without neighbours etc prying?

Sorry if i can't ask these sort of questions.

Given the legality of cannabis in Australia you'll be hard pressed finding and Australian seed bank. We do have some site sponsor seedbanks, and for hydro gear, and other stuff too.

Have a good read of the site. All the info you need to know is here.

Oh, and depending on your location, I'd recommend growing indoors.... No prying eyes then. ;)

Yeah problem is i'm 3 hours away from her, as i moved to Brisbane to complete my studies. So by moving i don't really know too many people here apart from what i get for personal use which is definitley not near a pound, which is what is apparently required for a full treatment. We aren't a wealthy family either, especially seeing as my parents are not working anymore because they had to give away their business. I was talking to her this morning and i'm looking around for seeds on the internet. My question is what strain is good for medicinal use? E.G. Reduces pain, gets you to sleep etc. Thanks again guys, really didnt expect the replies i have gotten so quickly :).