How to connect my light

Hey ozstoners!
I'm currently working on an extreme budget DWC project, I've got everything set up and got a northern lights auto sprouted and ready to go. The only problem I have left is that through hours of searching online I haven't found out what to buy to power my light. I'm running a 50w E27 LED (blue and red spectrum). Ideally I want the cheapest option I can to be able to supply power to my light. The actual power usage by the globe is 40W so would it be okay if I just got the lamp advertised at Bunnings for $6.50 that uses a 40W globe?
Any advice is appreciated, cheers!

If you want to use a 50W  lamp, then you will need a lamp holder that is rated at 50W or more. If you use a lamp holder rated at less than 50W, the heat generated in the lamp can melt the lampholder - not good.

Hey ozstoners!
I'm currently working on an extreme budget DWC project, I've got everything set up and got a northern lights auto sprouted and ready to go. The only problem I have left is that through hours of searching online I haven't found out what to buy to power my light. I'm running a 50w E27 LED (blue and red spectrum). Ideally I want the cheapest option I can to be able to supply power to my light. The actual power usage by the globe is 40W so would it be okay if I just got the lamp advertised at Bunnings for $6.50 that uses a 40W globe?
Any advice is appreciated, cheers!

Check the rating on the lamp holder, forget the 40W globe that comes with it..

Its worth the couple of extra dollars to get the right gear the first time, and not electrocuting yourself or someone else, or burning your grow tent (or house) down because you got some cheap and nasty electrical gear

Hope that helps

:bongon:  :bongon: